Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Drew Henson - Fighting for his football life

[size=13pt]Fighting for his football life — Once a two-sport star, Henson now trying to stick with Vikings[/size]

By Shawn Windsor
    GANNETT NEWS SERVICE

MANKATO, Minn. — The first spiral wobbled through the hot, thick air, slightly off its axis. The second ball wasn't even a spiral....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Drew Henson - Fighting for his football life

I'd say that Tyler Thigpen showed some skill in our first preseason game, and Drew might be on his way out after camp breaks. We have three more practice games and if Thigpen continue's to be effective, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as our number two guy. Just got to put him in with some first and second team guys and see how he does. Sorry Rudy...er I mean Drew you'd better shake it up brother.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

He may be fighting for his football life, but he did make over 5 million dollars to play minor league baseball.
    I think he has no worries about what happens after we release him.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I think we should keep Thigpen over Henson if that's what it comes down to. How old is Henson now? He's gotta be in his early 30s or so isn't he?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, I think we should keep Thigpen over Henson if that's what it comes down to. How old is Henson now? He's gotta be in his early 30s or so isn't he?
    According to NFL.com he was born 2/13/80, he has some good years left, but does he have the talent.

Dang, he's younger than me! Wow, well, I guess maybe we should keep him instead of Bollinger's worthless ass. Henson has got to have a better arm than Bollinger.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Dang, he's younger than me! Wow, well, I guess maybe we should keep him instead of Bollinger's worthless jiggly butt. Henson has got to have a better arm than Bollinger.
    probably true, but Bollinger is one of Childresses boys.
    Why else did we trade for him last year.

Yeah, and that sucks. Bollinger was good at sconnie behind a huge o-line and in an option system. He never could throw all that well. Now that he's in the NFL he's pretty much worthless. I really can't believe he's hung on this long.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, and that sucks. Bollinger was good at sconnie behind a huge o-line and in an option system. He never could throw all that well. Now that he's in the NFL he's pretty much worthless. I really can't believe he's hung on this long.
    It is hard to believe that there are still fans who think he should be the starter.
    I would rather start an unproven QB then one that has proven he cannot play at his level.

Yep, I agree totally. In the games Bollinger has played he has done NOTHING.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast