VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Drek Ross doin good!

BY JASON WILLIAMS

Pioneer Press

'Damage' control: Tice believes that if enigmatic cornerback Derek Ross gets completely healthy, the Vikings might have gotten someone who can develop into a key member of the secondary.

The Vikings have been pleased with Ross' work habits since the former Ohio State standout was claimed on waivers last week from New Orleans. Tice, who calls Ross a "thoroughbred," sees the former second-round draft pick working into the rotation if the tendinitis in his knee continues to improve and he continues to work hard.

Ross certainly believes he has changed from his old ways. He came in with the rap of not toughing out minor injuries. He also missed a flight a few weeks ago when New Orleans claimed him on waivers from Atlanta, prompting the Saints to rescind their claim.

"I think I'm going to do some damage this year in the NFL — some major damage," Ross said. "There won't be any letdowns on my part. I'm staying on top of my treatments, being on time. I really do believe this is a new beginning."

It sounds like hes doin real well and its exactly what i hoped would happen, he beleives its a fresh start for him. He has plenty of confidence and if he keeps his head straight and gets healthy he will do very good for us he has plenty of skill to do the job. But can he stay concistent in his good behavior.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Drek Ross doin good!

If he stays true to his word he should help our depth.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Drek Ross doin good!

yeah, i hope he keeps up his attitude.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Drek Ross doin good!

This sounds like all good news to me. If he can stay out of trouble we would have 4 good CBs which would help depth but also make it harder for other teams to spread us out
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Drek Ross doin good!

I think Rushen Jones (I know a lot of people are not high on him) is going to be a good corner.

He needs some work, he has to stop making the mental mistakes. But he has the tools to be a good back-up in this league, that would really help if we had 5 CB's that could step in.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Drek Ross doin good!

Well eric kelly had all the tools to he was fast, very strong a good tackler but he had mental issues, I'm very exited for ross i think he has a chip on his shoulder and he's pissed. He wants to show everyone that let him go that hes better than that. I can see him as our feature nickle back. I just hope he doesnt let us down.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Drek Ross doin good!

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Well eric kelly had all the tools to he was fast, very strong a good tackler but he had mental issues, I'm very exited for ross i think he has a chip on his shoulder and he's pissed. He wants to show everyone that let him go that hes better than that. I can see him as our feature nickle back. I just hope he doesnt let us down.

I wouldn't say eric kelly had all the tools, no way.

Ross has a ton of talent and if healthy, he could easily be our #3 CB, knocking irvin to #4. I know that tice will not move him ahead of irvin, but he definitely has the talent to be our #3 ahead of irvin. Great #4 CB though, WHEN HEALTHY.

This is a great place for ross, with his old college teammate, winfield here. I think winfield will help keep him in line and turn him into the good CB that he showed he can be, in his rookie year.