Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dream FA?

Renrut31 is offline Training Camp
    Linval Joseph is a 25 yo DT ,former 2nd round pick of the NYG. He is 6' 4" and 325 lbs. Will play the other DT position with Floyd, with Griffen and Robison at DEs. Sounds like we will be running a 4-3 defense. Griffen says Zim plans on playing him on the line...rather then standing him up at OLB.

Adam Schefter is reporting that L. Joseph deal is for 5 years and $31.5 million. Didn't say how much was guaranteed.

Rage4Order is offline Rookie
    I like this signing a big body in the middle. He was on my dream FA list..

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    It's definitely a nice start, but we need so much help. Hoping the draft can fix all ailments is a big mistake. You have to go with proven players and have a nice mix.

I would absolutely love to land Darelle Revis if he is released. That would be a great pickup.

Vikings got much younger on the D-line this off season. Their line is now...Griffen (26 yo), Floyd (22 yo), Joseph (25 yo), and Robison (30 yo). Add that with the 23 yo Rhodes at CB, and 25 yo Smith at Safety, the Vikings are getting pretty young. The position that is still hurting for an infusion of youth is the LB position. Let's see what else they have planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Renrut31 View Post
    Vikings got much younger on the D-line this off season. Their line is now...Griffen (26 yo), Floyd (22 yo), Joseph (25 yo), and Robison (30 yo). Add that with the 23 yo Rhodes at CB, and 25 yo Smith at Safety, the Vikings are getting pretty young. The position that is still hurting for an infusion of youth is the LB position. Let's see what else they have planned.
    Hopefully that youth at LB is Khalil Mack in the draft.

Anthony Barr ran a 4.44 forty today at his pro day. Tall, athletic, long arms...I think he would do really well against TEs in coverage. Justin Gilbert is someone else I wouldn't mind drafting. Paired up with Rhodes, we could have 2 of the best young CBs in the NFL. I definitely like Mack also. Those are my three favorite targets for us

Ted Dibiase is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Hopefully that youth at LB is Khalil Mack in the draft.
    I wonder how much the coaches expect Mauti, Hodges, and Cole to contribute. Maybe not much but it's an interesting question because that's their youth. I don't see many mocks with Mack available at #8 anymore...for whatever that's worth.

Schefter reporting Toby Gerhart to the Jaguars

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast