Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream FA?

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    The other thing that nobody has mentioned is how salary cap strapped we've been the past couple years due to our all in on Brett Favre failure the year after losing to the Aints in the NFC championship. That is a big part of why we've had boring Free Agencies and brought in low-cost leftovers.

My gut feeling is that the Vikings Free Agency will be different this year. First off, we have around 40 mil in room after cuts and the cap growing. We also look to be losing some big time players like Allen and Williams who have been solid starters for years, but who have aged a bit past their pay. In short, we have too many holes to fill them all just through the draft...AND, too much cap space to not spend at least some of it, as required by the CBA

And, I'm thinking, and hoping, that they realize they are running out of time with our star player, Peterson, and that there is some building urgency to do something before its too late. IF we don't make some decent moves, the chance of AP demanding a trade will eventually go up...

I'm hoping for Verner at CB, he will likely cost us 10mil/year, but is young enough to play out a good sized contract. I would also like to see us address both lines in FA to cut down on needs in the draft. Asamoah for LG, Linvel Joseph at DT and/or Michael Bennett or Johnson to replace/supplement Griffen at DE would be some solid steps in the right direction, and allow us to draft a bit more BPA and thus land more talent/potential.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Dream FA?

Tha vikings should sign Darren Sproles

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Tha vikings should sign Darren Sproles
    Why? As I said on the "Sproles" thread, I see that as a big waste in resources.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    DE Michael Johnson, CB Verner, and a stout NT (either the dude from the Giants or possibly Soliai from the Dolphins. They have to get a safety as well, then we can draft a stud LB at #8 and get our QB in the 2nd rd.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    My belief regarding Spielman and free agency is a change in philosophy since he was named GM in January, 2012.
    There are so many people that want every big name free agent out there to be signed by the Vikings. In fact that is what this thread is about. A free agency wish list.
    But the last couple years, as free agency approaches, we fans are like kids at Christmas waiting in great anticipation to see what gifts they are about to receive. Then little to nothing happens!
    I have been critical of Spielman for wasting draft picks to move up at times, because I think it is at the expense of quality depth. But I am a big fan of bargain hunting in free agency and building through the draft.
    Some high priced free agents work out, but not very often.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    This free agency will be much different in those terms. We have many holes, we have over 40 mil in cap space, and a disciplinarian as our new HC. We will be signing guys this year, and it should be fun as fans.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Dream FA?

Think FA will be different this year wit Zimmer and Turner on board, Zimmer will bring sum big names players and key roles player to this defense threw FA
    Last edited by 313zoe; 03-08-2014 at 12:17 PM.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Dream would be
    Raji - NT ( Hurt the Packers and help us, it only makes sense)

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Dream would be
    Raji - NT ( Hurt the Packers and help us, it only makes sense)
    How about Sam Shields as well ?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast