Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

guys, please let me introduce you to my new hero Mr........

Dovonte Edwards!![size=18px][/size] Can you say defense scores two weeks in a row?

Name: Dovonte Edwards
    Position: Cornerback
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 182 lbs.
    College: North Carolina St.
    Hometown: Chapel Hill, NC

Professional Information:
    Brings good speed to the team and will look to contribute on special teams and at defensive back.

College Information:

Was a 4 year letter winner for the Wolfpack...Played wide receiver, cornerback and returned punts...Was named Most Dependable Defensive Back and Most Outstanding Defensive Player following the 2004 season...Two year contributor on offense at wide receiver (2001, 2002) before making the switch to cornerback in the spring of 2003...Ran the third fastest 40-yard dash mark on the squad during the spring, 4.37 in 2001.

2004 Played and started all 11 games at cornerback as a senior...Ended the season 40 tackles, 33 solo, 7 passes broken up and 1 forced fumble...Also led the team with 3 INT's.

2003 Made the switch from wide receiver to cornerback during spring workouts...Saw some practice time at wideout early on in practice...Led the team with 10 pass breakups...Started 4 games including the Tangerine Bowl...Finished the season with 26 total tackles.

2002 Spent majority of the season as a back up in 13 games with the Wolfpack, started 4 games...Caught 26 passes for 289 yards and 1 score...Decided not to join the basketball team following the 2002 season.

2001 Shifty wideout saw more action than any other freshman on offense...Played in 11 games and recorded 11 catches for 164 yards, 1 touchdown...Made the ESPN Play-of-the-day versus North Carolina, he caught his first career touchdown pass, a 23-yarder, and then slammed into the goal post...Also played basketball but did not see any action.

Personal Information:
    Pursuing a degree in Sports Management from NCSU...Only child to Darryl and Malissa Edwards...Chose to play basketball until his sophomore year in high school...Played in NBA Players Association tournaments against current NBA players, Amare Staudamire of the Phoenix Suns, Eddie Curry of the Chicago Bulls and Dajuan Wagner of the Cleveland Cavaliers...Was signed by the Vikings 4-25-05...Joins the Vikings with former NCSU teammates Sean Berton and Brian Williams...Works every year at Chapel Hill High (NC) football camp...Recorded 50 receptions for 948 yards and 14 receiving, 2 punt returns and 1 kickoff return for touchdowns at Chapel Hill High for Coach Joe Wolf as a senior...Selected to Shrine Bowl...Selected to the SuperPrep All-American Team...Named the Offensive Player of the Year in North Carolina...As a junior he had 69 grabs for 1,173 yards and 16 touchdowns...Three-time all-conference selection with a 22.6 ppg in basketball.

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: guys, please let me introduce you to my new hero Mr.....

SKOL DOVONTE AND SKOL VIKES!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: guys, please let me introduce you to my new hero Mr........

yea what a major step up for this guy. You know PPE is happy tonight both his NC guys with the picks

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Isn't K rob from NC State also?

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

yes he is michaelmazid

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Re: guys, please let me introduce you to my new hero Mr........

So he was not drafted? The personel crew may have hit another one. I was sitting at the counter at my favorite restaurant with a friend (bears fan) saying who the heck is #36? I had to look for the name on his jersey. And it still didn't ring a bell. And my friend said "musta been nickle" and I said, no dime, Brown is the nickel back. Where did he come from? Has he played in past games? Is he our nickle, or dime back, or in there for the heck of it?

And he is my hero too!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: DREAM DOVANTE, DREAM

yeah, was he drafted?

and this guy played reciever and cornerback in college? wonder if there was a chance he could step in at reciever if it was the worste case scenario.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"happy camper" wrote:
    yeah, was he drafted?

and this guy played reciever and cornerback in college? wonder if there was a chance he could step in at reciever if it was the worste case scenario.
    Ok about now since it seems that none of you have ever heard of Dovonte I consider myself somewhat of an expert on him. :lol:

He was undrafted I believe and we picked him up in FA. Looks like he beat out Gallishaw for the Dime job and Irvin for that matter.

I would rather have us go into FA for a reciever. I remember him playing reciever and I must say he is a much better cornerback than he is a reciever and that is an understatement. :lol:

He is a good shutdown corner. I look for him to be wearing purple for a long time cuz he just went down in the history books. Man where would my vikes be now without NC State.

What I am liking about our defenese the past few weeks is that almost unkown's are stepping up and making plays. A lot of our big names players arent producing like most of us had hoped this year but it seems like guys have stepped up DOVANTE and Newman to just name a few. I think this is definately a sign that the team is starting to gel and put it all together on the defensive side of the ball.

As for tice he is definately making a lot better case for himself but I still dont see adjusts in games being made like they should, play calling is questionable at best, clock management is awful

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

oops double post :razz:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast