View Poll Results: Biggest need/best fit BPA at no.23?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR

14 66.67%
  • DT

3 14.29%
  • S

1 4.76%
  • OG

0 0%
  • MLB

2 9.52%
  • OLB

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Dream BPA Scenario for Vikings First round pick

What position is the Vikingís greatest need?/Who would be your ultimate BPA pick at our pick, No.23, in the first round?

WR, DT, S, OG, MLB, OLB

So far, it looks like the Vikings are lucky in that this draft is deep in several of our biggest needs, WR and DT especially. Iíve been reading a lot of mock drafts, and find it interesting how different each personís outlook can be. For example, I kind of thought that our OL looked vastly improved with some potential to grow if we can keep them together, but Iíve seen some rips on both Johnson and Fusco and at least one mock where Chance Warmack fell to number 23.

Heís ranked as a top ten player in this draft by pretty much everybody, and Iíve even seen him called The top player coming out by someÖin other words, he would totally be BPA at 23. Itís not what I see as our biggest need, but having a stud LG who is a mean run blocker and a very proficient pass blocker would improve our depth at RG too, and perhaps, help push Peterson to his lofty goal of 2500 yards!?

So, what do you think!? What player at which position would help the Minnesota Vikings the most at this point in time?

Some notes: I left DE and CB off the list because we are set there if weíre healthy there, FB and RT off because Iím hoping, and for this poll assuming, that weíll do the right thing and keep the guys that are working for us, and QB off because I believe that, like it or not, Spielman and Frazier have already decided who will be the starter for at least one more year so they can see what theyíve hitched their wagon to.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I had to vote WR. I think it's our weakest position in a pass friendly league...even if we KEEP HARVIN, and becomes a roughly number 1 AND 2 need should we trade him away. Good passing teams have 3 or 4 or even 5 solid options. We have one for now, Percy, and a young potential with Wright, and thats about it. OK, I'll admit, I like Jenkins as a 4th type guy who is a big blocking/possession guy...But, limited by speed and moves, and not scaring anybody.

I think adding a versatile threat with reliable hands who can go deep, run quick-out slants & screens, and crossing routes not only makes whoever our QB is better, but also backs up defenses a little, opening up a lil more wiggle room for other stars like AP and PH, and even our TEs. Even better, a guy like that adds first downs, which gives AP more oppurtunities, and our Defense more rest and more chances to go into attack mode. In short, I think, the right guy in that position helps our entire team and makes us legit playoff contenders.

Picking the best WR out of this crop is pretty tough tho. You've got the ultimate physical freak in Cordarelle Patterson, but he has very little experience vs. top competition. Then there's the super fast and shifty lil guy, Tavon Austin, but he doesn't fit unless we lose Harvin. Terrance Williams doesn't have the greatest size or speed, but a good blend of both, while guys like Hunter (size) and Hopkins (speed) have one or the other. Keenen Allen is widely considered the most polished of the group, and might be our best fit as far as helping now. He runs all the routes precisely and plays smart football with good size and good hands. A lot of mocks have him as the first WR off the board, but it doesn't sound like he'll be able to test all that well at the combine, and it's very possible WR needy teams will opt for more speed and/or return ability over him. Maybe, our best BPA in round 1!?

Or, we could end up with another BPA like Warmack or John Hankins or ??? and still find a steal of a WR (Hunter!?) on the board in round 2. It just makes me nervous hoping help will slide to us, because I feel our need is that terrible...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    QB wasn't an option so I went WR.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I would honestly like us to have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. Trade up what we need to get it done.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Spielman and Frazier want to keep their jobs. They have taken a huge gamble with Ponder and now they are stuck.
    My guess is WR to help justify their faith in Ponder.
    I'm all for that. Hope they are right!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    If Patterson is there WR.
    If he isn't Jesse Williams.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I voted WR because that is our biggest weakness, but in all honesty, if the WR's are picked over by #23 and the BPA to us is a MLB or NT I would rather see us fill one of those holes in rd 1 and grab a receiver in rd 2 rather than reach for one in the first.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    What position is the Vikingís greatest need?/Who would be your ultimate BPA pick at our pick, No.23, in the first round?

WR, DT, S, OG, MLB, OLB

So far, it looks like the Vikings are lucky in that this draft is deep in several of our biggest needs, WR and DT especially. Iíve been reading a lot of mock drafts, and find it interesting how different each personís outlook can be. For example, I kind of thought that our OL looked vastly improved with some potential to grow if we can keep them together, but Iíve seen some rips on both Johnson and Fusco and at least one mock where Chance Warmack fell to number 23.

Heís ranked as a top ten player in this draft by pretty much everybody, and Iíve even seen him called The top player coming out by someÖin other words, he would totally be BPA at 23. Itís not what I see as our biggest need, but having a stud LG who is a mean run blocker and a very proficient pass blocker would improve our depth at RG too, and perhaps, help push Peterson to his lofty goal of 2500 yards!?

So, what do you think!? What player at which position would help the Minnesota Vikings the most at this point in time?

Some notes: I left DE and CB off the list because we are set there if weíre healthy there, FB and RT off because Iím hoping, and for this poll assuming, that weíll do the right thing and keep the guys that are working for us, and QB off because I believe that, like it or not, Spielman and Frazier have already decided who will be the starter for at least one more year so they can see what theyíve hitched their wagon to.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    If Warmack fell to us we would have to absolute idiots not to draft him. You are right he is a top ten player and IMO a future probowler. There are so many scenarios that I couldn't even pick in your poll. Alec Ogletree jsut got a DUI, another top ten talent that may fall to us, do we take a flyer on a top ten talent? Eric Fisher out of C. Mich. is another top ten talent that may fall. He is from a small school and IMO the combine is going to tell alot about this guy. If he doesn't do well on the bench press watch his stock drop.

Bjoern Werner DE Fla St. is another top ten guy who I think will fall because even though he is rated the #2 DE, I don't feel he is when the measurables come out. IMO Damontre Moore out of TA&M will be the first DE of the board, and then Ansah out of BYU will go ahead of him. If he makes it past the Jets this cat could be there. I think if he is there, I don't really want him, I think he has bust written all over him.

So who may be there at WR, any of them, One or two will come off the board but which ones. I think Keenan Allen will be the first to go as he is the most NFL ready. If Cordarelle Patterson is there I say jump on him, I think he will be the best WR in the draft in a few years. He is raw but much more upside IMO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Mlb.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I would be okay with WR, DT or MLB. If they are the clear cut BPA, any of those are significant areas of need.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast