Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dre Bly

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dre Bly

"Big C" wrote:
    I'd rather keep Smoot than get Bly. Smoot is having a tough season due to a defensive coordinator who is a silly guy (single coverage on Steve Smith without any help will emotionally break any player) and off the field issues (love boat scandal).

Smoot is younger and talented. Give the guy a break. He will be fine next year. We have Brian Williams, Dovonte edwards and ralph brown as backups. We don't need another corner. If Williams goes next year brown and dowonte take the nickel and dime spots.

Also, I don't want a player who rats on the team no matter how bad things get.
    I don't remember your stance, so you are saying you don't want Birk back???

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Ok, why trade Smoot? We haven't even seen what he can do....he's been injured all year....Bly will get owned this weekend by K-Rob, TT, and M-Rob and you will change your mind....Bly is overrated, and his defense is just as bad as Harrington....if he was that good, they'd be winning games...the Vikes are having no trouble winning games with a low offensive output....the Lions..HA! Don't want any of the losers on their team!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

silvermane is offline Rookie

Yeah, who ever heard of a player leaving detroit because things weren't getting better? oh, wait a minute...Barry...nevermind...

anyway, bly is one of the best corners in this league. he is better than fred smoot. problem is, he's had various injuries this year and last, and that has hampered him quite a bit. I was pissed when you guys got chris claiborne from us, and I will really be pissed if bly goes too. but I can't blame the guy for being fed up with the franchise.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

umm, no bly is defnitely overrated. He's good but nowhere the top 10 corners in the nfl. They go:

1.Ty Law
    2.Chris Mcalister
    3.Nate Clements
    4. Champ Bailey
    5. Samari Rolle
    6. Antoine Winfield
    7. Rashean Mathis
    8. Marcus Trufant
    9. Al Harris
    10. Fred Smoot

11 is lito sheppard and 12 is dre bly.

silvermane is offline Rookie

al harris, fred smoot, and marcus trufant are not better than dre bly. i'll give you mathis, winfield, and rolle, but the bottom three are definately overrated. bly can cover far better than any of them when healthy. lito sheppard is good, i'd put him right around bly.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"napo58" wrote:
    umm, no bly is defnitely overrated. He's good but nowhere the top 10 corners in the nfl. They go:

1.Ty Law

2.Chris Mcalister
    3.Nate Clements
    4. Champ Bailey
    5. Samari Rolle
    6. Antoine Winfield
    7. Rashean Mathis
    8. Marcus Trufant
    9. Al Harris
    10. Fred Smoot

11 is lito sheppard and 12 is dre bly.
    ROFLOL!!!

have you seen Law this year!?

he's nowhere near number one, maybe last two years ago he was number1, but not now.

fred smoot is not overrated, he has had one bad game in along time and is proven to be a shutdown corner. but you were right about dre bly being better than him and trufant. Shawn Springs, however is the name I forgot to add on the list that is better than bly.

dude, law is still good. he has 5 ints in 5 games. Its not his fault the jets suck. law is the best cb ive seen this decade.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"napo58" wrote:
    dude, law is still good. he has 5 ints in 5 games. Its not his fault the jets suck. law is the best cb ive seen this decade.
    he has started 10 games and played in the other.

his stats are more than decent, maybe its the suckyness of the rest of his team that makes him look worse than he is, but i am not impressed by him this year.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Law is a great corner, but he is old and coming off of a serious foot injury, so he has lost his speed. And with the jets having NO safeties to back him, he get's burned. He also can't open field tackle for his life, did you all see that move Tomlinson put on him?

He's a hall of fame cornerback no doubt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast