Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Draft a kicker next year

Lol, look at our defense, and you guys are thinking kickers in the early round?

On a side note, I believe berger left because of the way he thought Denny was treated by management the year he left.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Draft a kicker next year

If that's what it takes to get a kicker to kick deep and make decent field goals, then F*ck it do it. Maybe we can find someone in free agency. Somebody that's solid. Then focus on defense and Offensive line in the draft.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Draft a kicker next year

I have some Packer officials who want you to believe that punter is a position worth trading up in the draft for.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Draft a kicker next year

vking4life.....i was wrong about vinatieri....he was a free agent96....... janikowski did go in 1st round, correct? believe me it is a reach(K's in 1st rd), but this guy is a cant miss, i dont see him losing any confidence or leg in the near future. i have watched him for 4 years. he has won games, kept the bucks in many games and the 2002 natl championship had his name all over it all season. ahhh, i am not of course holding my breath but no way he will fall to us in the second round and if he is that good why wouldnt he be good enough to go late in the first round?

Draft a kicker next year

mike nugent.....71 for 81......333 points in 3.5 seasons. thats over 80 points a season. 80 points!!! think how many times that you wished we could have kicked the 47, 48 yarder and we had to punt which we know hasnt turned out that well overall.
    you have to excuse me for sounding like a zealot but the vikes allready have a buckeye connection, and i am a big bucks fan. think how many buckeyes have been vikings. CC, jim marshall, korey stringer, robt smith, scottie bowling ball, and current viking studs wing nut, and mr. 3rd down sackmaster at ohio st darrion scott. it surely will depend who is on the board who can do us the most good. and thinking way too far ahead.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Draft a kicker next year

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I don't care how good he is, don't draft him until the 6th or 7th round if even at all!
    Query here for you.
    Would you draft a player in the first round if he decreased the opposing teams starting position by 15 yards per kick? What about a player who was automatic inside the 40 yard line and over 85% outside of 50? A player that would solidify the special teams for the Vikes?

Now ask yourself if our kickers over the last 5 years could answer YES to any of the above questions.....

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Draft a kicker next year

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I don't care if he is the best kicker in the damn world!! All he does is kick. The first round is for playmakers not kickers!! Our drafts have been screwed up enough as it is recently, drafting a kicker in the first round would really make us the laughing stock of the NFL draft!!
    Wait a minute?
    All Uduze does is rush the passer...
    All Williams does is play DT.
    All Bennett does is ride the bench, or play RB....
    All Nugent will do is kick the ball out of the endzone making opposing teams to start at the 20 instead of the 35. And kick that game winning 55yard FG to get us in the playoffs.
    Let the other teams laugh. We will have a great kicker for 10 plus years that will solidify the special teams that has been a severe weakness to this team and has cost us wins over the years.

I bet that Nugent goes in the first round.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Draft a kicker next year

I don't know if using a first round pick for a kicker is necessarily the best thing...BUT!...something needs to be done! You know how they say, it's the little things that a team does that makes a big difference?...well Kicking is one of them!

We suck at punting...(Bennett is dead last in the NFC...and the whole NFL I think)...and that's AFTER last years comedy showing of "The troubles with Eddie Johnson!" Morten's done ok, but he's still in the bottom third of the league, and has the 2nd worst "long" FG of 42 yards.

I just think we have to do a better job of picking kickers that are out there! I mean who the hell picked Elling in the first place? And Johnson? They were/are both far below even what a CFL kicker can do for cripes sake!

Drafting a kicker may or may not be the answer, but I know one kicker that was drafted fairly high if I recall...and his name was Ray Guy...and look what he helped his team do. :?
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

Draft a kicker next year

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I don't care if he is the best kicker in the damn world!! All he does is kick. The first round is for playmakers not kickers!! Our drafts have been screwed up enough as it is recently, drafting a kicker in the first round would really make us the laughing stock of the NFL draft!!
    Adam Vinatieri has singlehandedly owned nearly every team in the league and casually won two Super Bowls, and people still don't think kicker is a playmaking position.

Oh, but when will you learn...
    Just ask Gary Anderson against the Atlanta playoff championship game how important the kicking game is.......

Damn, hate remembering that game.....

Draft a kicker next year

"XTAP59" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Wait a minute?
    All Uduze does is rush the passer...
    All Williams does is play DT.
    All Bennett does is ride the bench, or play RB....
    All Nugent will do is kick the ball out of the endzone making opposing teams to start at the 20 instead of the 35. And kick that game winning 55yard FG to get us in the playoffs.
    Let the other teams laugh. We will have a great kicker for 10 plus years that will solidify the special teams that has been a severe weakness to this team and has cost us wins over the years.

I bet that Nugent goes in the first round.
    and to make another point......how much has udeze really contributed, i didnt like that pick(vince woolfork is who i wanted........2 games balls from belechik already) and i would pick nugent right now over udeze, bennett, and many others that have been high picks for the vikes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast