Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    yeah.. out of those guys we only really got one good consistant season out of any of them, and that was bennet


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    213

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    This is as pointless as looking back five years ago and saying man I get an "F" for putting my money down on red 19, If I was smart I would have put it down on black 20.

    They talk pooh prior to the draft, are almost always wrong, then after the draft they pull up old drafts and give you a grade...LMAO. Where is their grade for the suggestions they gave?
    I understand your point; however, I think this sort of evaluation is at the very least interesting and possibly necessary. It seems to me that our personnel and scouting departments need some sort of metric in order to grade their effectiveness. I mean when I was a systems engineer, we had a formula of system availability and performance on a sliding scale by age and function. Therefore, if you take some objective measurables as PK has done here, then I think it's valid data. Lastly, I don't think he was out to ding the Vikings intentionally, they just had a really bad draft that year. By his own admission he was surprised with the results, which is usually a sign of good data.

    If you tell me that there are other more valid ways of looking at the effectiveness of the people responsible for bringing in players through the draft, then I am all ears, honestly. But as a layman I don't know of any.

    My $.02

    -DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

  3. #13
    rkuriger04's Avatar
    rkuriger04 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    133

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    ummm....yeh ....at best a d-

  4. #14
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    "Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    This is as pointless as looking back five years ago and saying man I get an "F" for putting my money down on red 19, If I was smart I would have put it down on black 20.

    They talk pooh prior to the draft, are almost always wrong, then after the draft they pull up old drafts and give you a grade...LMAO. Where is their grade for the suggestions they gave?
    I understand your point; however, I think this sort of evaluation is at the very least interesting and possibly necessary. It seems to me that our personnel and scouting departments need some sort of metric in order to grade their effectiveness. I mean when I was a systems engineer, we had a formula of system availability and performance on a sliding scale by age and function. Therefore, if you take some objective measurables as PK has done here, then I think it's valid data. Lastly, I don't think he was out to ding the Vikings intentionally, they just had a really bad draft that year. By his own admission he was surprised with the results, which is usually a sign of good data.

    If you tell me that there are other more valid ways of looking at the effectiveness of the people responsible for bringing in players through the draft, then I am all ears, honestly. But as a layman I don't know of any.

    My $.02

    -DD
    I agree however I don't think 5 years in this day and age is when you should grade a draft. It should be 2 or 3. Most people are drafted for the future of the team. With Free Agency players have no loyalty anymore. Therefore grading 5 something from 5 years ago is not the best. I do agree that no matter how you look at this draft it was a bust.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    213

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    "ejmat" wrote:
    I agree however I don't think 5 years in this day and age is when you should grade a draft. It should be 2 or 3. Most people are drafted for the future of the team. With Free Agency players have no loyalty anymore. Therefore grading 5 something from 5 years ago is not the best. I do agree that no matter how you look at this draft it was a bust.
    Good point, I can see that. Five years maybe a bit too long for a serious evaluation but I think two is too short. (Not that our opinions really matter in the grand scheme of things)

    -DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

  6. #16
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    This is as pointless as looking back five years ago and saying man I get an "F" for putting my money down on red 19, If I was smart I would have put it down on black 20.

    They talk pooh prior to the draft, are almost always wrong, then after the draft they pull up old drafts and give you a grade...LMAO. Where is their grade for the suggestions they gave?
    LMAO... no doubt, those morons definitely need to be graded by someone!
    If that were the case, they would ALL be out of a job...starting with Mel Krapper! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #17
    briboy75's Avatar
    briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    555

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    you know the draft when bad when seattles draft is paying more dividends forus then our own draft

  8. #18
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    "briboy75" wrote:
    you know the draft when bad when seattles draft is paying more dividends forus then our own draft
    Blame it on the GREAT DENNY!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    AAAAHHH!!! I remember good ol' Eric Kelly!!! Lets just hope Smoot can pull his sh** together and doesn't start playing like him!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: A Draft Grade, Five Years Later...

    I don't understand how they can draft the Seahawks sooo low!!! I would give them a "B" just for Hutch, Koren, and Womac!!! Ken Lucas is a really good CB also!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rate our draft by grade
    By duvaldomo in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 10:40 PM
  2. NFL dot COM draft grade B+!
    By slinkey in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 11:09 PM
  3. Vikings draft grade...
    By MuzikQ in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 10:11 PM
  4. fox sports draft grade
    By purplepride818 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 05:06 AM
  5. Vikings get a 'D' Grade for the draft
    By TMAC604 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 09:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •