Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Draft Bible - Tim Hiller

Draft Bible - Tim Hiller
    Marrdro's comment follows:
    Could this be the cat we draft this year. According to the insider, scouts from the several teams (Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks, San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers,Detroit Lions) all sent scouts down to watch him.

Anyone follow this college/player?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:Draft Bible - Tim Hiller

Western Michigan
    Quarterback
    Ht: 6 5 230 lbs.
    Strengths: Size, Arm Strength, Production, Leadership, Decision Making
    Weaknesses: Accuracy, Footwork, Level of Competition, Offence
    Tim Hiller 2010 NFL Draft Prospect
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Hiller has turned into a prototypical NFL quarterback. He has the size - 6-foot-5, 234-pounds. Hes accurate, completing 64.9 percent of his passes last year along with throwing for 3,725 yards, 36 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He has the experience as a four-year starter for Western.

And he has the release, which is one of the biggest concerns for Michigan.

He gets rid of the ball real quick, Michigan defensive lineman Brandon Graham said. If you dont put pressure on him, hell pick you apart and take the (defensive) line mostly out of the game because hes throwing it so quick
    Western Michigan quarterback Tim Hiller an NFL prospect
    Marrdro's Comment Follows:
    The more I read, the more I like.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

I'll pass... I'll take someone with accuracy over someone with arm strength all day long. College players completion numbers are always skewed by the weak defenses, they tend to throw to wide open guys... you generally don't get that opportunity in the NFL. Give me some of those other intangibles like leadership and decision making with great accuracy, that's what I'm looking for in our next QB.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

BleedinPandG wrote:
    I'll pass... I'll take someone with accuracy over someone with arm strength all day long. College players completion numbers are always skewed by the weak defenses, they tend to throw to wide open guys... you generally don't get that opportunity in the NFL. Give me some of those other intangibles like leadership and decision making with great accuracy, that's what I'm looking for in our next QB.
    Have you seen him play? Seems to be pretty accurate, from what I can read.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Have you seen him play? Seems to be pretty accurate, from what I can read.
    May want to review your previous posts then... his 1st weakness, by your post, is accuracy.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Ahhh, I gotcha. But the others say he is accurate.

When I read some of his early stuff they pinged on him for his weak arm and funky motion as well.

Seems he has overcome all of that. Sure alot of teams out looking at him.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I've never seen him play, but if the accuracy thing is true I would be cautious.

If they haven't learned accuracy by the time they are done with college I think it's being overly optimistic to expect them to learn it in the NFL. Arm strength is a little overrated.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    I've never seen him play, but if the accuracy thing is true I would be cautious.

If they haven't learned accuracy by the time they are done with college I think it's being overly optimistic to expect them to learn it in the NFL. Arm strength is a little overrated.
    The accuracy thing is from a early scouting report as was the concern over his funny throwing motion and being to skinny.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

The accuracy thing is from a early scouting report as was the concern over his funny throwing motion and being to skinny.
    Yeah I read the second article you posted and he sure sounds like an interesting prospect. I best liked the part talking about how he gets the ball out really quickly. Sounds like a good character too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast