Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Draft

Well the Vikings did ok in the draft espically considering the highest pick in any round was the 16th pick and that was in the second round.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Draft

did well through the first 4 picks. i dont knwo much about the rest of them. these guys should be a big help
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Draft

Well you have to think that from the fifth round on the players are being looked at for special teams.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Draft

yea i agree on that dan.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Draft

I don't know much about those late rounders, but hopefully we'll get some surprises. Can't wait to see Udeze in action!
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

outcast316 is offline Pro-Bowler

Draft

I think our draft went really well despite the second round pick saying he did not think he would get drafted that high.
    Signature not changing until the Vikings win the Super Bowl. Started- 7/8/2005

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Draft

i thought we did pretty good besides the moore guy at rb a waste of a pick could of taken jeremy leuseur or will poole with that pick or did they go in the 3rd round? idk i forget but a rb is a waste kiper thought we had the best draft out of the nfc suprised he didnt say the lions they did real good
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Draft

yea i was suprised about that too. :-k

Draft

:naka: :naka: :naka: :naka: :naka: :naka: :naka: Lets go line get harrington!!!!! Smak your thighs if your ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Draft

"SHOW-TIME" wrote:
    i thought we did pretty good besides the moore guy at rb a waste of a pick could of taken jeremy leuseur or will poole with that pick or did they go in the 3rd round? idk i forget but a rb is a waste kiper thought we had the best draft out of the nfc suprised he didnt say the lions they did real good

Will Poole was taken before our 1st 4th round pick, where we drafted Nat Dorsey. Jeremy leuseur was also gone, and I didn't like him anyways. He was overrated. I am a huge Michigan fan, and he didn't look good at all last year. I was hoping we would use our 2 4th's to move up and get nathan vasher, but we didn't. Nat dorsey was flat out a steal in the 4th round, carrying an early 2nd round grade. With a little work, he is gonna be a great, not good, but a great RT. I love the moore pick, especially with who was left on the board. Mewelde was by far the BPA. He will be an impact on our special teams, and probably be used some on 3rd down as a receiving back. He is a great receiver out of the backfield. Moe is getting old and will be done soon,and neither bennett or onterrio are anywhere close to moore as receiving backs. He is gonna get a lot of playing time for us, so he isn't a bad pick. when your late 4th round pick is playing on your team, he should be considered a good pickup. I don't know what you guys wanted us to pick instead. There weren't any good CB's available, and there weren't any good wr's there either. WE got the BPA, and that is what has given us 2 straight good drafts. Another good pick on day 2 for us, was Rod davis. He is a MLB, which we need, with Biekert more than likely retiring. He was a tackling machine in college. He started all 4 years in college, and averaged around 13 tackles a game. He would have gone in round 2 or 3, if he was faster. He ran some slow 40 times. He ran a couple around 4.8. At his workout though, he ran a 4.6 and a 4.67, so he has fine speed for the middle. Davis is a very smart guy too. He knows were everybody is suppose to be. He will be a fine backup for EJ. Our 6th round pick played CB and safety last year. Tice said he is gonna use him as a slot CB. I doubt he will end up doing much for us. I know nothing about the Te we picked last. Also, Darrion Scott played DT at Ohio state last year, and that is why his stats weren't that good last year. I think he had like 5 sacks last season. When he played DE the year before, he had 8.5 sacks and more tackles. He slid down to us, because he was said to be to small to play DT, and too short to play DE. He is 6'3, that seems fine to me at DE. Tice said he is competing with lyon and wiley, for the wave spot. He should be able to beat those 2 bums out and get some good PT next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast