who would you like to see the vikes go after in the draft

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

the draft

a QB :twisted:

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: the draft

"willbjammin" wrote:

I am looking at a LB in the first round, since there more than likely won't be a worthy DE. I wouldn't mind if we got Vilma, DJ Williams, or Dansby. I think all 3 will be good LB's in the NFL. Here is a question for you guys: I have heard a bunch of people on ESPN and the NFL network say that Mike Williams might fall to around 15 or so, after his bad workout. I personally don't see this happening at all, but if he does, it would be awesome if we could move up a few spots to get this guy. He is the best WR in the draft period, regardless of what his stupid workout #'s said. This guy is huge, has good speed, and has the best hands in the draft. I know with the signing of robinson, this isn't gonna happen, but that is a move i would make in a heartbeat, regardless of what we needed on the D side of the ball. Just was interested in your opinions here. I think this guy would be almost as big a steal as Moss was for us.

willbjammin is offline Rookie

the draft

we need a de and a lb

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

the draft

I heard that Mike Williams actually had a good workout. If he fell to us I could see us picking him, but I don't think we will move up at all, unless someone like Udeze falls to 12 or something, even then.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Re: the draft

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "willbjammin" wrote:

I am looking at a LB in the first round, since there more than likely won't be a worthy DE. I wouldn't mind if we got Vilma, DJ Williams, or Dansby. I think all 3 will be good LB's in the NFL. Here is a question for you guys: I have heard a bunch of people on ESPN and the NFL network say that Mike Williams might fall to around 15 or so, after his bad workout. I personally don't see this happening at all, but if he does, it would be awesome if we could move up a few spots to get this guy. He is the best WR in the draft period, regardless of what his stupid workout #'s said. This guy is huge, has good speed, and has the best hands in the draft. I know with the signing of robinson, this isn't gonna happen, but that is a move i would make in a heartbeat, regardless of what we needed on the D side of the ball. Just was interested in your opinions here. I think this guy would be almost as big a steal as Moss was for us.

Also, I would love to see us get a Kris Wilson or Ben Watson in the 3rd or 4th, if one of them is available. I would love to see us add a young deep threat at TE. I realize we signed Wiggins for that, but he hasn't done much in the NFL yet. I don't know much about this wiggins guy, so maybe he will suprise me with his receiving skills, but i think Watson and wilson would be great picks in the 3rd or 4th round, provided we get a DE, and or LB in our first 2 picks.

the draft

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I heard that Mike Williams actually had a good workout. If he fell to us I could see us picking him, but I don't think we will move up at all, unless someone like Udeze falls to 12 or something, even then.

I have been hearing bad things about him since his workout. He ran a really slow 40 time, which I could give a rats @ss about. I believe I heard Kiper Jr and John clayton say that Williams is gonna go around pick 15. This guy would be a huge steal at 15!! Again I know we won't do it, with the signing of Robinson, but would you guys? I am telling you guys, he will be a better receiver than fitzgerald, who I love and think is gonna be a good NFL receiver as well.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

the draft

Jason Babin...hands down. Small school kid just like Jaso Taylo and had an incredible workout. This guy is was a monster in the MAC and I would be very surprised to see him make it out of the first round!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

willbjammin is offline Rookie

the draft

move up and take smith or udeze

the draft

I just read an article on KFAN, where they were talking with scott studwell. He said that all positions but QB and RB could be upgraded through the draft. He listed Reggie Williams and Lee Evans as possible WR's they would take a serious look at, in the first round. This means that Mike Williams is at least a small(very very small) possiblity, if he slides as he is being predicted too. The Vikes were at his workout, and alot of scouts didn't like the shape he was in. He has reportedly gained 25 lbs since his college playing days. This probably accounted for his slower than expected 40 time. I can't believe that we would look at WR in the 1st, after signing Robinson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast