Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr Z's Rankings

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

Dr Z's Rankings

Wow, he hates us. Dr Z makes Robinson look like a Vikings fan.

21 -- Minnesota Vikings (0-1)
    Never judge anything by what happens in the exhibition season. Minny was 3-1. Then they stunk it up against the Bucs. It means nothing, less than nothing, minus nothing, actually, because many times coaches desperate to hang onto their jobs attempt to fool their owners by going for victories in the preseason.
    Just 3 spots up on Oakland? Hater!

Read:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/dr_z/09/14/ranks.week1.part2/index.html

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Dr Z's Rankings

It was one week, who cares!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

The Vikes just need to prove everyone wrong. If they aren't as bad as people think, prove it.

lukeshkin is offline Rookie

dr.z makes mike tice look like steven hawking this guy is just a bandwagoneer he is still all over the panthers and the eagles both of whom lost this guy is a frickin idiot

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

He's an idiot. Followed the guy last year and was dead wrong all the time. Monitor him for awhile, you'll see what i mean.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Dr. Z eats poop for breakfast.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I will keep posting his ratings here, as well as Robinson's ratings on another thread. We will see how stupid people get paid to spout poo.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

NeumDog is offline Tailgate Bitch

Hey, for as long as I can remember, Dr. Z's never been right about anything.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I actually wrote to the guy...just for giggles:

I wish I could have your job…or that of any so called “Sports Analyst�. You know, one would think that if someone is going to write about something, they should at least have an inkling about the topic they’re going to write about…not so in Sports it would seem.

In your Power Rankings (14 Sept 05), you completely missed the boat with two of the 4 NFC North teams and one critical NFL issue (Still in the NFCN). Detroit (ranked much too high) and Minnesota (ranked much too low), and the Jovan Walker issue (Green Bay).

DETROIT: You said, “Three No. 1 draft choices, two Williamses and a Rogers, representing almost a billion dollars worth of coin of the realm, lined up at wide receiver against the Packers last Sunday. When the day was done they had registered, amongst them, five catches for 54 yards. OK, so it's not a billion. But at least I got the other numbers right.�

In fact, Williams, Williams and Rodgers combined for a total of FOUR catches and
    47 yards (source: NFL.com). You ranked Detroit at #16 in spite of the fact that Harrington had another sub-par performance (15/28 for 167) and doesn’t appear to be able to hit his receivers, even when they are covered (laughingly) by some of the worst corners in the NFL (Ahmad Carroll and Al Harris). The only reason Detroit won was because Green Bay exceeded all expectations of how rotten they would be this season.

MINNESOTA: Ranked 21st….you have to be delusional. You said, “Never judge anything by what happens in the exhibition season. Minny was 3-1. Then they stunk it up against the Bucs. It means nothing, less than nothing, minus nothing, actually, because many times coaches desperate to hang onto their jobs attempt to fool their owners by going for victories in the preseason.�

How do you assume that Minnesota was “going for victories in the preseason�? Did the 1st team stay on the field an inordinately long period of time? Not to my knowledge they didn’t. Conversely, how many teams “go for the loss in preseason�? I have yet to see that particular strategy attempted…although your statement leads me to believe otherwise.

Minnesota lost 1 game because the Offense had a bad game. It happens. 5 turnovers does NOT lead to victory in most cases. However, I must believe – unlike you it would seem – that Daunte Culpepper will be back in form in week 2 (and subsequent weeks), and is highly unlikely to repeat his anemic performance of week 1. So, feel free to rank Minnesota at #21…it’ll be all that much sweeter when they begin pummeling teams you ranked higher.

Jovan Walker Hold Out: You stated, “Wideout Javon Walker was the best young player on the Packers roster. This summer he threatened to hold out because he felt his base salaries for '05 and '06, the last two years of his contract, were too low. Then he gave in and reported on time anyway. His agent argued that a major injury could end his future chances to land a really good deal. On Sunday that's exactly what happened. Torn ACL. Out for the season. So waddya say, folks. Let's not be too hard on every holdout from now on, OK?�.

Now I KNOW you’re nuts. Jovan Walker had one good season. Let’s count them again…ummm….oneâ⠬¦..oh, that’s it…just one. One good season is not the basis for a mega-bucks deal. How many players have had one good season, got huge contract extensions and pay raises, then went on to “perform below expectationsâ€?? In Green Bay, you need only look as far as Antonio Freeman. So, yes folks, when a 3rd year player who hasn’t finished out his initial 5-year contract holds out after ONE good season, by all means be hard on him. The fact that the got injured does not add any credibility to his previous demands…it just makes for another crappy sob story by another crappy sports writer.

And, finally, here’s a tip. If you can’t be bothered to actually WATCH the games/teams you’re writing about so as to develop some sort of plausible basis for the piece you’re writing, DON’T BOTHER WRITING IT.

While I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this will change absolutely nothing, it made ME feel better.

Caine

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Caine:

And, finally, here’s a tip. If you can’t be bothered to actually WATCH the games/teams you’re writing about so as to develop some sort of plausible basis for the piece you’re writing, DON’T BOTHER WRITING IT.

--- Completely agree, none of these guys watch any of the games and then try to play "Monday Morning Quarterback" all the time. AND GET PAID FOR IT, dang sure wish I was that lucky to find a "Career" like that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast