Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Down to the skeleton of our team.

Injurys are hindering us, yes its true, but how will this effect the season? Our depth will be put to the most extreme test. Not only do they need to step in for the starters of an NFL team, but they need to come in and play for fans who are expecting a playoff team. Some might think that our chances are shot for this year, but I think differently.

Jimmy, Rosey, and Irvin were important parts of our team, but our big stars are still there (knock on wood). We need some of our backups to step up, Wiggins has stepped up, he was one of the brightest lights against the eagles.

Give daunte some time to throw it, someone needs to step up and be the starter in place of rosenthal. I think this is the most important injury at the time. We have two other good corners, and we have wiggins. At least don't get the penalties that we had last game.

They can do this, they just need some confidence.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I agree K40. The Vikes have the talent to go all the way and enough talent among the reserves to fill the holes left by injuries. Can't afford to lose to many more people, though. Didn't this happen to the Bears a few years ago. The results were disastrous. God forbid that we suffer the same fate.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think Jimmy is the biggest blow its just to bad that both the players we signed to long term deals go down for the season. That shows there importance to our offense and now we dont have them.

It sucks, I agree. But injuries are part of the game and each team has to deal with the cards that are dealt. Last year, I remember that the Iggles lost their three top DL and yet they still made it to the NFC Championship game (with no #1 receiver to boot). The Vikes D needs to step up and shut teams down and give the offense every opportunity to make plays. I know that is alot to ask of a fairly young D but they will have to grow up in a hurry.

Now if only the Pats could have to deal with some of the same issues that we are having to deal with regarding losing key starters. I don't wish injury on anyone, but I certainly don't want to see the Pats repeat. It was bad enough watching the Cowgirls win three of four Super Bowls in the 90's. It would really suck if the Pats did the same thing in this decade. I think that the New England and Dallas fans are the worst.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

no wisconsin fans and iowa hawkeyes football fans
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

I don't follow college too much (I hate the fact that it is always the same teams that get into the BCS every year). Teams that are from non-BCS schools have no chance, they can't even come to the table. Now if there were eight superconferences (created by dividing all D-I teams fairly evenly) and the two top teams from each conference (16 total) would go to a playoff to determine who the sole national champion would be...then maybe I could watch. But I digress.

The reason that I would have to stick by my assessment of the vast majority of Boston and Dallas fans is that both groups of fans really believe that they are at the center of the sports universe. They are fairly knowledgable, but so obnoxious about their vast knowledge that it is stifling to even talk about sports with most of them. I am probably being too harsh, but I lived in Dallas for three years so I do have some experience to fall back on.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

TIce better work around injuries like other coaches have esp andy reid the most recent since he got by intot the playoffs with a large amount of key players missing. If he doesnt fix these problems he will be outa here and i think cottrell will be the new coach.

Good teams and good coaches can work around things like t hese. Im waiting for tice to do just that.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Del Rio Guest

I think Rosey was the weakest link any way. With the other starting line man in there they can help by scraping and turning the newbies guy then deal with thier own problems.

I don't forsee this injury as being a big deal. Change is good the new players need experience you never know they may flourish. They were thrown to the wolves in Philly, They will be at home this time and have a feww good days of getting some primary information and practice with the 1st team offense.

The only injury on the team I cringe at is Sasser. Irvin never really liked him anyway, I thought he was another Dwayne Washington. And Rosey was good, but not so good that he can't be replaced.

Sasser was our blue collar guy.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Rosey was playing awesome this year, last year he was the weak link, but now I think the weakest of our Top 5 is probably Liwiensky. As for Haayer, if he doesn't step up soon, I hope to see Nat Dorsey in their, as for Wiggins, he broke his hand and will be out for a month, as for the rest of our TEs, they played decently but made alot of Mental Mistakes (False Starts), as for this post, it's over now.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

They are going to be splitting time between Haayer and Dorsey and see which one wins the job.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast