Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Doubting a retractable roof

What happens with the roof also affects what type of surface the stadium will have. A retractable roof (or none at all) could mean going back to grass.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    What happens with the roof also affects what type of surface the stadium will have. A retractable roof (or none at all) could mean going back to grass.
    True, but I doubt they would go to grass because of the difficulty in keeping it game ready in this climate.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    True, but I doubt they would go to grass because of the difficulty in keeping it game ready in this climate.
    It shouldn't be anymore difficult than it is in GB or Chicago.

Are there any numbers out there on what it costs for upkeep/maintenance on an open air stadium up here with real grass that's exposed to the elements rain, snow (removal-field & seats) hail, dust, etc to one that's retractable & one with a fixed roof?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Because they are played indoors. Some of us are out hunting, ice fishing etc.
    Why the hell would you want to bundle up for the tailgate and the walk from the truck and then try to get all the winter clothes into a narrow seat while you watch the game? If I am dressing for the weather I am going to be out in it.
    Do you have a heater in that fish house?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Most of the time no. But if I do I have a place to put my coat if I do decide to heat it up.

Other than Indy and NO all other superbowl winners played in the weather all season
    Just saying
    None

And St. Louis
    None

Blog Entries

Looks like the state is now liking at raising other non football related taxes to close the funding gap for their 38 million dollar annual contribution. Should be interesting to see who gets to have that extracted from their wallet.

Blog Entries
    Vikings Stadium Plan Could Include Taxpayer Dollars | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul

Vikings Stadium Plan Could Include Taxpayer Dollars

For the past couple of years Governor Dayton and state lawmakers insisted any Vikings stadium financing plan would not include general fund taxpayer dollars.
    However, that might change now that pull tab revenue is falling so woefully short of projections.
    Governor Dayton said Wednesday he's negotiating with DFL legislators who control the House and Senate to come up with a back-up funding source before the legislative session ends May 20.
    A source in the governor's office says they've discussed using general fund revenue to make up any annual shortfall.
    No new taxes would be raised specifically for the Vikings stadium, but the source acknowledges it could still be a "political problem" to use general fund revenue that doesn't come from pull tab sales.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12