Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Doubting a retractable roof

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yep. Too much money for what you get in return. Besides, our fan base is soft. Too soft to watch a game outside of climate control. If they had to go to the games in the open they would just sit at home and watch the big screen.

That being said I find it hard to believe that with a fixed roof they are tight on the budget considering what closed roof stadiums have been built for and even what retracts roof stadiums have been built for in the past several years.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think a retractable roof is a stupid idea anyway. Costs too much for too little use. A retractable window could be interesting, but it is definitely a luxury not a need.

Call me soft all you want, but I believe I have earned my right to enjoy football in comfort. I do find it funny that most of the people who claim that the fan base is soft for wanting a roof don't bother going to games anyway...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I thought it depends on whether or not the Wilf's want pro soccer or not.

WWBGD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I think a retractable roof is a stupid idea anyway. Costs too much for too little use. A retractable window could be interesting, but it is definitely a luxury not a need.

Call me soft all you want, but I believe I have earned my right to enjoy football in comfort. I do find it funny that most of the people who claim that the fan base is soft for wanting a roof don't bother going to games anyway...
    Because they are played indoors. Some of us are out hunting, ice fishing etc.
    Why the hell would you want to bundle up for the tailgate and the walk from the truck and then try to get all the winter clothes into a narrow seat while you watch the game? If I am dressing for the weather I am going to be out in it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Because they are played indoors. Some of us are out hunting, ice fishing etc.
    Why the hell would you want to bundle up for the tailgate and the walk from the truck and then try to get all the winter clothes into a narrow seat while you watch the game? If I am dressing for the weather I am going to be out in it.
    Lucky for you that they'll be playing outdoors at home for all of 2014, so you'll have the opportunity to enjoy several Vikings games, unless of course you're out hunting or ice fishing during the game.

You won't have to peel off all those layers for September/October tailgating you'd normally have to if they played indoors.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Yeah, if I go to any games those will be the ones for sure. there will be more than one season played away from the dome.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yeah, if I go to any games those will be the ones for sure. there will be more than one season played away from the dome.
    You wont have to shower for months !

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I like the idea of a retractable window overlooking downtown Minneapolis better than a retractable roof. I think it would look cooler, and be more beneficial to the team and the fans.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I would much rather they invested in better scoreboards, jumbo trons, replay screens, wifi, ect ect than a window. I want a better view of the game, not a better view of a skyline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast