Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Double duty isn't easy for Vikings' Loney

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think he was doing what he could with the line this year we just didn't have talent.. So move him back to O-line and get Billick or Fassell or Mooch or Herm!!
    Most Jets fans that I know would GIVE us Herm...they all HATE him...which makes you wonder. I personally like the guy...but is he really any better than Tice?

Mooch is probably not a good pick right now...he probably needs to coach at the college level for a few seasons to gain some new cachet...much like Pete Carroll did after leaving the Patsies.

Billick has probably saved his job for at least another year with his impressive offensive showing against us and the Pack...and I am not really sold on him as an elite coach...his Super Bowl win was really courtesy of Marvin Lewis's defense (and don't even get me started on how we could have had Lewis as our Head Coach...man, we would be awesome right now!)

Fassel might be who Wilf eventually picks...but if he was really a Giants fan, he may remember why they got rid of him in the first place. Anyone who thinks that Fassel would come here as an OC is crazy...UNLESS Fassel would agree to come with the implicit agreement with Wilf that if the team starts off bad next season that Wilf would fire Tice and elevate Fassel to Head Coach (which IS a scenario that I could envision).

I still want Jeff Fisher if the Titans let him go...and for Fisher to bring McNair with him for next season if he does become our Head Coach...for that one last shot at Super Bowl glory. McNair would be one heck of a Rent-A-QB for next year until Daunte gets healthy...plus he already knows the offense that Fisher would undoubtedly install. :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

That's out there cajun.. it's more likely to hire mooch.. All that staff switching and what not.. Doubt it.

But I will give Loney credit for making a better unit out of the OL... Don't know the numbers.. but there had to only have been like 15 sacks on Johnson the whole time he was QB... Improvement from the million on CPep.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think he was doing what he could with the line this year we just didn't have talent.. So move him back to O-line and get Billick or Fassell or Mooch or Herm!!
    ...Fassel might be who Wilf eventually picks...but if he was really a Giants fan, he may remember why they got rid of him in the first place. Anyone who thinks that Fassel would come here as an OC is crazy...UNLESS Fassel would agree to come with the implicit agreement with Wilf that if the team starts off bad next season that Wilf would fire Tice and elevate Fassel to Head Coach (which IS a scenario that I could envision)...
    Thursday, December 29, 2005
    [size=18px]Fassel can return as Ravens' offensive coordinator[/size]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Jim Fassel will return as the Baltimore Ravens' offensive coordinator next season unless he receives a head-coaching position with another NFL team.

"We're going to be very supportive of Jim's looking and hopefully being able to procure a head coaching job. I think Jim would be outstanding," Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "If indeed that doesn't happen, Jim will be back next year. Some of the speculation I've seen is just that, because Jim and I have already had discussions about some of the things we need to do."

There had been speculation about whether the Ravens would retain Fassel, who coached the New York Giants for seven seasons and took them to the Super Bowl in 2001, when they lost to the Ravens.

But Billick quelled that one day after owner Steve Bisciotti said Billick would be back next season despite the team's 6-9 record. Fassel replaced Matt Cavanaugh one year after spending the 2004 season as a senior consultant.

The Ravens rank 25th in total offense but have improved markedly over the past two games, outscoring the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings by a combined margin of 78-26.

Billick said quarterbacks coach Rick Neuheisel would succeed Fassel as offensive coordinator if Fassel leaves the Ravens.

"One of the reasons I brought Rick Neuheisel in is if Jim should garner a head coaching position, that continuity can be sustained because Rick has been here for a year," Billick said. "We made it very clear Rick will become the coordinator from the day he arrived for that very reason."
    Even babies know the difference.

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

haha, loney sucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12