Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

Dontarrius Thomas

DT is getting alot of time with the first team D. I really like this guy, he is quick, smart and very physical. Tice has alot of praise for him as well. I think he is our best LB on the roster. Could be the real deal, hope so because we need someone from our LB core to show the way and if that means a rookie so be it, seems to be the only one with any sense. I feel we got 3 first round picks in our first 3 rounds in the draft, anyone hear how Darrion Scott is doing?

D2M
    D2M is offline Training Camp

Dontarrius Thomas

I liked Thomas coming out of college and I was thrilled when we got him. I wouldn't call him the best anything just yet, but he could be. If our D-Line gets enough penetration, I could see him making a lot of plays for us.

I haven't read much on Scott, though.

D2M 8)

Dontarrius Thomas

Claiborne would be the best right now...DT doesn't even have a guranteed starting job yet.

howln4u is offline Rookie

Dontarrius Thomas

With the way our other LB are acting, kicking the crap out of people, we need anything we can get.

I would love to arrainge the D-LB anyway we can instead of putting the better LB on the bench because that isnt his natural position.

I would love to see EJ, Clairborne and then the next best if Nattiel, DT or whomever. I would hate to see a guy like DT sit on the bench because of Clairborne if he is better then Nattiel.

I think we have a lot of good young LB if we can keep them all healthy. Plus the Signing of Keith Newman for experience and hopefully get a cheap 2 year deal with Trotter would be nice since Clairborne's contract is up at the end of this year.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Dontarrius Thomas

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    Claiborne would be the best right now...DT doesn't even have a guranteed starting job yet.

This probably doesn't mean much, but I will gaurantee dontarrious is a starter to begin the season. I have said this many times already on this board, Dontarrious is a stud LB. He will be a huge playmaker for us this season, probably more than udeze will. I say this, because it is easier for an OLB to have a good rookie year, compared to a DE. He is big, strong, athletic, very fast, and most importantly, very very smart. His smarts, is a huge reason why i was so happy we got him and didn't have to waste a 1st rounder on DJ williams, who is nowhere near dontarrious in football smarts. I realize he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet, but I feel 100% confidence in saying he will be our best LB next season, nothing against claiborne and EJ(who is one of my favorite vikes).

I have heard absolutely nothing on darrion scott. Don't expect him to be a huge playmaker for us this season, but he will definately give us good minutes, especially if mixon gets suspended(which sounds unlikely right now).

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Dontarrius Thomas

I hope you're right muchluv!! That would be great if he came out and performed well for us!! I think our linebacking corp is going to be our weak spot (along with our special teams) and if this rookie can come in and do some good things, it would be great!! I can't wait for this season to get started!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Dontarrius Thomas

I see DT as a possible Nick Barnett for us. He may have been a major steal!!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Dontarrius Thomas

I don't think Nick Barnett was a major steal though, he was a first rounder!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Dontarrius Thomas

I'm talking about Barnetts contribution, not that Nick was a steal
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Dontarrius Thomas

OH