Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dontarrious Thomas on the market

This would make up for the Farwell loss in a lot of ways. I was sad to see Dontarrious go in the first place. He's become a much better ST player of the years for us, just never got his play up to starting LB caliber.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'd be all for it.
    Only downfall would be it cuts out of Erins playing time, but DT is a better player right now.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I always liked this kid.
    I was surprised to see him cut...I really thought he'd make the 9ers as a starting LB in their 3-4.
    I'd happily take him back!
    As stated, he's ST, and can play all three LB spots!
    When EJ got hurt (or was it Biekert?) he came in as a rookie, played MLB and racked up over 10 tackles his first game.

Of course, the question becomes, who goes????
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

I was also sad and its better than Herron!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Sign him he knows the defense can backup all 3 LB spots and is a ST stud.. come back Donta!! and they could cut Herron to make it happen!

Thanks josdin00

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

PLEASE!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Dontarius Thomas was a guy drafted in a string of LB's from the Mike Tice era. I thought he was a guy with alot of pure talent, he always seemed to be making Tackles but after the defender already beat him. On specail teams I thought he was nothing specail but a body. With the current players on our roster and some of the ones we recently let go there is no reason to hit any panic button to bring Thomas back. For one thing we let Thomas go (Which I agreed with), had we wanted him to return or felt he could help us chances are he would have returned. Not only did we let him go but the 49ers just cut him, guess he couldn't beat anyone out. Why in the world would we want to invite Thomas back on our squad? We just let Rufus Alexander go and he had a good preseason, he also showed more explosiveness and intincts than Thomas ever displayed.

Herron is a guy who obviously flashed and they've decided to keep him and develop him. I'm satisfied with the current roster, if we sign Dontarius I would consider it a mistake the exact same way I felt when the 49ers signed him.

AKViking is offline Rookie

"marstc09" wrote:
    Who is really backing up EJ anyways? This might be the guy we have been eyeing.

I'd venture to say "Lil E" Henderson is the guy they are grooming to back up his bro. He sure looked damn good for an undrafted rookie FA. One game, Steelers or Dallas can't remember which, he seemed to be everywhere making plays. Even late when you could tell he was gasping for air he still dropped the hammer on some guys. 8)

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Dontarius Thomas was a guy drafted in a string of LB's from the Mike Tice era. I thought he was a guy with alot of pure talent, he always seemed to be making Tackles but after the defender already beat him. On specail teams I thought he was nothing specail but a body. With the current players on our roster and some of the ones we recently let go there is no reason to hit any panic button to bring Thomas back. For one thing we let Thomas go (Which I agreed with), had we wanted him to return or felt he could help us chances are he would have returned. Not only did we let him go but the 49ers just cut him, guess he couldn't beat anyone out. Why in the world would we want to invite Thomas back on our squad? We just let Rufus Alexander go and he had a good preseason, he also showed more explosiveness and intincts than Thomas ever displayed.

Herron is a guy who obviously flashed and they've decided to keep him and develop him. I'm satisfied with the current roster, if we sign Dontarius I would consider it a mistake the exact same way I felt when the 49ers signed him.
    Couldn't agree more... Thomas had his shot with us and fell short of what was expected.
    I would rather hold onto young talent and give it a chance than fall back on what we've already seen.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Did anyone talk about us signing Thomas?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast