Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Don't worry, be...negative?

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    135

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    That's psychology 101. Adversity breeds drama. People want drama from their entertainment. Close games filled with bad calls, busted plays and blunders bring drama. Blowouts are fun to watch every once in awhile, but nothing gets the adrenalin going like a last minute touchdown for the go ahead, game winning score.

    That being said, I'd love three consecutive blowouts to end the (post) season.

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    "Mike" wrote:
    That's psychology 101. Adversity breeds drama. People want drama from their entertainment. Close games filled with bad calls, busted plays and blunders bring drama. Blowouts are fun to watch every once in awhile, but nothing gets the adrenalin going like a last minute touchdown for the go ahead, game winning score.

    That being said, I'd love three consecutive blowouts to end the (post) season.
    +1.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    135

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mike" wrote:
    That's psychology 101. Adversity breeds drama. People want drama from their entertainment. Close games filled with bad calls, busted plays and blunders bring drama. Blowouts are fun to watch every once in awhile, but nothing gets the adrenalin going like a last minute touchdown for the go ahead, game winning score.

    That being said, I'd love three consecutive blowouts to end the (post) season.
    +1.
    Did I miss one?

    Division round
    Conference round
    Superbowl

    ?

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    "Mike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mike" wrote:
    That's psychology 101. Adversity breeds drama. People want drama from their entertainment. Close games filled with bad calls, busted plays and blunders bring drama. Blowouts are fun to watch every once in awhile, but nothing gets the adrenalin going like a last minute touchdown for the go ahead, game winning score.

    That being said, I'd love three consecutive blowouts to end the (post) season.
    +1.
    Did I miss one?

    Division round
    Conference round
    Superbowl

    ?
    No, you were right.
    The +1 just means I agree with you.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mike" wrote:
    That's psychology 101. Adversity breeds drama. People want drama from their entertainment. Close games filled with bad calls, busted plays and blunders bring drama. Blowouts are fun to watch every once in awhile, but nothing gets the adrenalin going like a last minute touchdown for the go ahead, game winning score.

    That being said, I'd love three consecutive blowouts to end the (post) season.
    +1.
    Did I miss one?

    Division round
    Conference round
    Superbowl

    ?
    No, you were right.
    The +1 just means I agree with you.
    Hahaha. Rookies.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #7
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    fans tend to enjoy games more if they experience negative emotions during the games as long as their team wins.
    Not if you're in the same bar with a lot of the opposing team fans.
    I might get the last word, but getting trash talked when Vikes do something stupid isn't enjoyable AT ALL.
    Granted on this last Sunday it wasn't a problem since finding a Lions fan is harder than winning the Super Bowl.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    135

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    "gagarr" wrote:
    ...since finding a Lions fan is harder than winning the Super Bowl.

  9. #9
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Don't worry, be...negative?

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Similar Threads

  1. Stop the Negative Waves
    By WisconsinSucks in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 08:04 PM
  2. Don't Worry Be Happy
    By Webby in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 10:14 PM
  3. Unofficial NEGATIVE thread...
    By Phlegm in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 07:58 PM
  4. NOT TO WORRY!
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 03:57 PM
  5. Negative Nancies
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 08:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •