Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    johnkdbr is offline Training Camp

Don't waste 1st round pick on QB unless......

If Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota or Johnny Manziel are off the board when the Vikes make their first pick then we need to wait on a QB in the later rounds. DE, CB, LB & DT are all needed in a major way. Plus Jay Cutler will be a FA. Cutler, AP, K. Rudolph, C Patterson & Greg Jennings. Fire both OC & DC, Fix defense in draft & FA & boom...Superbowl!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Don't waste 1st round pick on QB unless......

All will be on the board when Vikes pick #1

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    If Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota or Johnny Manziel are off the board when the Vikes make their first pick then we need to wait on a QB in the later rounds. DE, CB, LB & DT are all needed in a major way. Plus Jay Cutler will be a FA. Cutler, AP, K. Rudolph, C Patterson & Greg Jennings. Fire both OC & DC, Fix defense in draft & FA & boom...Superbowl!
    Id agree. We dont need to take the sixth rated qb in the toop 15 again. If the top prospects are gone, I'd be a fan of attempting to trade down. Secure another second.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    What makes you think any of those other QB's are any less likely to bust than the three you named? To me every QB you named has a high bust probability and I actually think there are less flashy but potentially safer picks down the line like petty, Mettenberger and a few others that may be better in the long run.

What I don't see are guys who can get drafted and step in on day one and lead the team to the playoffs unless they are given one heck of a supporting cast and coaching staff, which we lack.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    From the QBs I have seen the one I would want so far is Blake Bortles out of UCF. I watched one game and saw the highlights of the Penn state game. He seems to have a great pocket presence and he can make all the throws, he seems like a real leader. I really want to see him at the combine.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    What makes you think any of those other QB's are any less likely to bust than the three you named? To me every QB you named has a high bust probability and I actually think there are less flashy but potentially safer picks down the line like petty, Mettenberger and a few others that may be better in the long run.

What I don't see are guys who can get drafted and step in on day one and lead the team to the playoffs unless they are given one heck of a supporting cast and coaching staff, which we lack.
    I dont disagree. Unfortunately, IMO we picked a lousy time to have a top pick.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    PF is right, none of the qbs projected as top picks are that enthralling. Any qb picked has bust potential, even top 10 picks. Unfortunately our GM and player personnel people can't seem to find the right qb anywhere or pick up that Rogers, Brady, Romo, Warner guy that is off the radar.

Blog Entries
    Rodgers is hardly an 'off the radar' guy. He was a projected top pick at one point who slipped into the late first round.

The guy that intrigues me is Mccarron. Manziel has Tebow-like bust all over him. Not sold on Mariota. Teddy is the top option right now, but still would be the #3 choice in the Luck/RG3 draft. McCarron comes from a pro style offense, and looks to be the guy who will catch on at the next level without just relying on athletic ability like every other top prospect this year. The thing is, he needs to sit for a season or two and learn. before being thrown out there.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Face it. In the draft they are screwed as far as the fan base goes no matter what they do. if they take one of the top 3 projected players that guy will be expected to start day one for the fans or they will be up in arms. if that player does start and doesn't play like brady, manning etc they will revolt. If they wait, take another player other than a QB the fans will revolt. if they take a guy in the later rounds the fans will revolt.

Then again the FO has put themselves in this situation and they are going to have to work through the fan base not trusting them and being pissed at the moves they have made so far. t this point they were given the chance to build the team and they screwed it up. The state is giving them their new place to play and our reward for that is a 2-8 team and an owner who was convicted for fraud.

It;'s going to be a long, slow, painful healing process ladies and gentlemen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Face it. In the draft they are screwed as far as the fan base goes no matter what they do. if they take one of the top 3 projected players that guy will be expected to start day one for the fans or they will be up in arms. if that player does start and doesn't play like brady, manning etc they will revolt. If they wait, take another player other than a QB the fans will revolt. if they take a guy in the later rounds the fans will revolt.

Then again the FO has put themselves in this situation and they are going to have to work through the fan base not trusting them and being pissed at the moves they have made so far. t this point they were given the chance to build the team and they screwed it up. The state is giving them their new place to play and our reward for that is a 2-8 team and an owner who was convicted for fraud.

It;'s going to be a long, slow, painful healing process ladies and gentlemen.
    I think fans will be slightly more accomodating if they do a full restart. All new coaches/coordinators. Somebody proven. Have to be straighforward, it's a 3-year project. Groom a QB, build a D, rebuild the OL, keep Sully, Load and Kalil.,.EVERYBODY else better improve, or find a new team.

Scrap the T2, hell, since we're losing JA and KW anyway, now's a good a time as any to start the 3-4 transition.

We can make it work.

Griffen----Erin----Greenway---- Robison
    -----Floyd---Draft/FA-----Guion

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast