Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Don't print that! 04/16/06

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    Get Young! Think about the combo of VY to TW for the next decade! Our offense would once again have that ability and explosiveness that we once possesed when 84 was around.
    Heck yah! :grin:
    I'm starting to feel that way too. Young grows on me more and more every day however I think we will be seeing him throwing the bombs to 84 anyways as a raider. :sad:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

The whole Schaub thing is getting old. Both teams said that there has been no talk about trading for Schaub, but the media keeps saying otherwise. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be pissed if we traded Daunte for a 2nd rounder and then traded a 1st rounder for an unproven QB that has been a backup for all but 2 games of his career.

I was as vocal as anyone about supporting the Culpepper trade, but I think it would be stupid to trade a former pro-bowler who is an injury-prone gamble for a 2nd round pick and then turn around and trade our 1st round pick for a guy that has started 2 games in the NFL.

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    The whole Schaub thing is getting old. Both teams said that there has been no talk about trading for Schaub, but the media keeps saying otherwise. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be pissed if we traded Daunte for a 2nd rounder and then traded a 1st rounder for an unproven QB that has been a backup for all but 2 games of his career.

I was as vocal as anyone about supporting the Culpepper trade, but I think it would be stupid to trade a former pro-bowler who is an injury-prone gamble for a 2nd round pick and then turn around and trade our 1st round pick for a guy that has started 2 games in the NFL.
    I agree. I also really just don't want to trade our 1st round pick, and I don't think the Falcons would agree to it anyways.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Well whatever we do we do need a QB that will be ready to take over as the starter very soon. You cant win without a good QB.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    Well whatever we do we do need a QB that will be ready to take over as the starter very soon. You cant win without a good QB.
    i dont know, the bears seemed to do pretty well without a QB. but i agree, we need to find SOMEONE that can be a long term solution. whether it be young or schuab, BJ just won't cut it for more than this year. he said he plans to play another few years, but the only way that will happen is as a backup.

Foranzan is offline Rookie

It still looks as if the Vikings will try to trade their No. 17 overall pick in the April 29 NFL draft to Atlanta for backup quarterback Matt Schaub.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i read this earlier and i'd have to say if they vikings were gonna trade #17 for schaub they probably would do it after they evaluate talent in the draft, but i still think atlanta is going to keep him and get rid of vick cause vick sucks and makes way way too much money for his talent. vick reminds me of torii hunter he's only good at one thing. vick can run but he can't throw, hunter can play the outfield but is the most over rated hitter in baseball and makes way too much money for what he does.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

"Ltrey33" wrote:

yeah!!! instead lets trade like 4 picks for a rookie Qb that has never played 1 game in the nfl.

not saying that you personally want to trade all our picks for young or cutler, but considering the draft picks required to get them shaub seems much more reasonably priced.

as for trading daunte for a 2nd rounder , well , what do you expect for blown out knee , horrible season , and asking to get the hell outta dodge. it was what ever the best offer was . why would some one want to give us a first rounder , chances where he would be cut if we didn't trade him. that's why i said sit him till he's healthy ,then they'll be knocking down the door.

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

NO SCHAUB!
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

revprodeji is offline Starter

I see us delaying. Waiting to see if cutler or young fall to the 17th, once they get taken than I see us trading for Matty boy. But not before we know we are not getting cutler
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast