Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Don't give up on Childress yet!!

We gave Childress one year. How many times does a team that gets a brand new coach with a brand new system come in and make the playoffs the next year? Not many, it would be different if we brought in a coach with a relatively same system that we had before, because we would have a lot of the personal needed to run that system already. But Childress has a brand new system, and he needs a couple years to get the personal to run his form of WCO and the cover 2 defense. He brought in a bunch of new players last year, and most of them helped out the team. We questioned why he didn't bring in a big name RB, instead we got a no name Chestor Taylor, who out preformed any of the available free agent RBs last year. Many questioned McMullen, he turned out to be one of the bright spots in our offense and by the end of the year most wanted him to see more playing time. He brought in low mile vets that weren't well known because they were over shadowed by bigger players. I believe they got 3 out of the 4 free agents they pursued this year, he is waiting for the right players. To many teams make the mistake of picking players that are big names but wouldn't excell in their system, I think Childress is waiting for the right players that would work best for him. Just about every player he has brought in lived up to expectations or better.

I am going to give Childress a couple years to get HIS team that he wants together. It may take longer but I think he has a long term plan and will stick to that. He can't throw together a team in 2 offseasons. He needs a little more time....I haven't been impressed by some of his moves, but I think he knows what he is doing and what players are going to work best for him. Some times I gotta kick myself and remind myself that he knows about 100 times more about the game of football then I do and he knows building a winning team is not about keeping every fan happy.

Also we need to remember that he is fairly new at this head coaching business, he is still learning too, it is unreasonable to expect him to come in and just know exactly how to do it, I'm sure he has had to make adjustments and will continue to do so. I think if we give him a year or two then the Vikings will start to come around and take shape.

I realize that a lot of fans aren't giving up, and good for you, I just wasted my words on you, but I hope this will encourage everyone that the Vikes aren't doomed under Childress yet and don't give up!!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Don't give up yet on Childress yet!!

**steps back from the ledge**

CyVikeFan is offline Training Camp

Allright!
    someone with comom sense on Chilly!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

davike, I think that you have it right.

We all need to keep hope alive.

Like you said, the FA from last year didn't dazzle "many" either, because they were not know by most Viking fans.
    This years FA, could surprise us.

With that being said, I had really good feelings about Leber and especially CT.
    I am starting to feel that way about our new TE and our special team/LB that may actually be expected to play downs on D.

Back to your topic about Chilly, he does seem to know what he wants, and doesn't waiver much, that is a good thing to me.
    He definitely isn't trying to impress anyone, LOL! Oopps, I meant win anyone over.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Yeah, lets get s-h-i-t poppin in here. I dont know bout you but i
    usually am lookin down on Minn. Lets turn this sh** around,. Minnesota has a shot next year. If we get Carr. Damn.

Imagine Williamson better now that his vision problem is better, don't forget Billy McMullen, Travis Taylor, CHESTER TAYLOR, our #1 run defense. A. winfield in the backfield with Griffin and Blue. come on now. lets step it up and cheer em on.

TANK and GREENWAY comin back. Leber!

GO MINNESOTA!!!!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"VikesFan787" wrote:
    usually am lookin down on Minn. Lets turn this sh** around,. Minnesota has a shot next year. If we get Carr. gol 'darnit.

Imagine Williamson better now that his vision problem is better, don't forget Billy McMullen, Travis Taylor, CHESTER TAYLOR, our #1 run defense. A. winfield in the backfield with Griffin and Blue. come on now. lets step it up and cheer em on.

GO MINNESOTA!!!!!
    Nice way to boost your team spirit. I hear ya. Lets go Vikes

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "VikesFan787" wrote:
    usually am lookin down on Minn. Lets turn this sh** around,. Minnesota has a shot next year. If we get Carr. gol 'darnit.

GO MINNESOTA!!!!!
    Nice way to boost your team spirit. I hear ya. Lets go Vikes

Thanks, your my new best friend

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

davike,

I can see you are a man of sound mind and deep wisdom.
    I feel that you can be entrusted to use the following quote whenver you see fit.

[quote][I like it when someone blames Childress. Its like it is a secret code for "My opinion is worthless because I don't know what I'm talking about"/quote]

Seriously though, great post man.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

davike, thanks for the swift kick in the butt.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

excellent post. childress erks me but we do need to give him more time.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast