Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Don't get carried away with Peterson hype

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ja-probowlpeterson021008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    Julian Peterson was so impressed on Sunday that he's ready to claim Adrian Peterson as family.

"That's my cousin. We do have the same last name," the Seattle Seahawks linebacker jokingly said in reference to the Minnesota Vikings rookie running back.

While Julian Peterson is well within his rights to designate the Viking as family, his AFC counterparts stressed observers to hold off on labeling Adrian Peterson the league's best running back after he was named most outstanding player following the NFC's 42-30 victory over the AFC in the Pro Bowl at Aloha Stadium.

"You can't just give the guy the title and say he's the greatest running back off of his first year in the league," said San Diego Chargers fullback Lorenzo Neal, who knows a thing or two about marquee rushers. "Adrian Peterson has a chance to be a great running back in this league but a lot of people want to crown him the best after one year. He's a good back, no doubt...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Don't get carried away with Peterson hype

Lorenzo Neal must be killed!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Lorenzo is just embarassed because AD shamed his fellow teammate Tomlinson in their meeting at the metrodome this year.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

The AFC is just full of babies. They were so used to being the better conference, and now that they've lost the SB and the PB, now they're trying to rain on the NFC parade. Lorenzo Neal? who is he? I don't know him. I think he's just jealous. And Peyton Manning calling a holding penalty. Grow up and realize you aint the cream of the NFL you were one year ago. What? AP take some of your expected endorsements? Get out of my face. AD will bring the pain train and roll it over yo ass.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

AD has to earn it!
    True.

There have been a lot of guys that have come out of the shoot hot their rookie year.

Health and consistency from year to year play a big part in one's greatness.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Braddock" wrote:
    The AFC is just full of babies. They were so used to being the better conference, and now that they've lost the SB and the PB, now they're trying to rain on the NFC parade. Lorenzo Neal? who is he? I don't know him. I think he's just jealous. And Peyton Manning calling a holding penalty. Grow up and realize you aint the cream of the NFL you were one year ago. What? AP take some of your expected endorsements? Get out of my face. AD will bring the pain train and roll it over yo ass.
    Don't forget they lost the season series too, including the superbowl the nfc was 33-32 against afc teams. ;D I think there is a shift in power going on.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Don't forget they lost the season series too, including the superbowl the nfc was 33-32 against afc teams. ;D I think there is a shift in power going on.
    boo yah. Basically paving a yellow brick road for the viking's to stroll all the way to their destiny. Here's to the Superbowl XLIII champions, the Minnesota Vikings!
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Word.

I am so sick of hearing how "superior" the AFC is.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"Braddock" wrote:
    lol only the best fullback in the league blocking for the best RB in the league...

Some one needs to grow up but it sure isn't Peyton, Lorenzo, or AD.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Hes just biased towards L.T. Who until Peterson arrived was the best RB in the NFL. Now people are scared of AP cause hes looked SO good SO young.

AP is comin baby!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast