Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Don't forget about "Me"welde

MeMo was a steal in the 4th round when we took him. I think his body has caught up to NFL size and he is a complete back. But like I have said on other threads - there are plenty of touches for both Taylor & moore.

howkings is offline Rookie

I think anyone running in back of the left side of our line is going to have a huge year.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

If he stays injury free, then MeMo can be a productive running back in the NFL. He's proved that he can carry the ball.. He's proved that he can catch the ball.. All he needs to do is prove he can stay healthy for a season, and if he does, he'll get his chances.

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

A costly miscue early in the next game against the New York Giants relegated him back to the bench and put him in head coach Mike Tice's "dog house." Tice was furious at Moore for the fumble and for all intents and purposes, that was the end of Moore's rookie season, as he only saw four more touches in the season's final nine regular season games and two playoff games.
    You Dont think Tice had favorites at all do you!?! :lol: Daunte fumbled all the time, bennet didnt have the surest hands in the world, and yet Mewelde fumbles once and gets the axe. Like was stated earlier though, Mewelde is pretty replaceable.
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

tampaviking is offline Rookie

he should be kept for his special teams abilities too, i just like the little guy, starter no. but he should definently be on the team.

"stateVIKE44" wrote:
    A costly miscue early in the next game against the New York Giants relegated him back to the bench and put him in head coach Mike Tice's "dog house." Tice was furious at Moore for the fumble and for all intents and purposes, that was the end of Moore's rookie season, as he only saw four more touches in the season's final nine regular season games and two playoff games.
    You Dont think Tice had favorites at all do you!?! :lol: Daunte fumbled all the time, bennet didnt have the surest hands in the world, and yet Mewelde fumbles once and gets the axe. Like was stated earlier though, Mewelde is pretty replaceable.
    I hated Tice's Dog House.. It was a stupid, petty way of managing players.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Benet" wrote:
    "stateVIKE44" wrote:
    If you didn't come out on the field with the gung-ho attitude of "I want to play & give 100%" why should you be allowed to play?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    If you didn't come out on the field with the gung-ho attitude of "I want to play & give 100%" why should you be allowed to play?
    I agree with you completely. But with Tice, that was never the reason for benching a player, or rather, putting him in "The Dog House". If it was, why was Randy Moss never benched? "The Dog House" was Tice's way of scapegoating individuals and kicking them while they were down. He never treated the players equally, and it was obvious he used "The Dog House" as a way of either punishing, humiliating, or humbling rookies who he thought were getting arrogant.

Did I already ask why Randy Moss never got benched?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Benet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    I agree with you completely. But with Tice, that was never the reason for benching a player, or rather, putting him in "The Dog House". If it was, why was Randy Moss never benched? "The Dog House" was Tice's way of scapegoating individuals and kicking them while they were down. He never treated the players equally, and it was obvious he used "The Dog House" as a way of either punishing, humiliating, or humbling rookies who he thought were getting arrogant.

Did I already ask why Randy Moss never got benched?
    We had quite the thread going last year why Tice didn't put Memo in the game & I really don't want to bring that one back up, but it had to do with Memo's lack of enthusism.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    We had quite the thread going last year why Tice didn't put Memo in the game & I really don't want to bring that one back up, but it had to do with Memo's lack of enthusism.
    Fair enough, I wasn't around last year so I'm not aware of that particular thread.

I also wasn't aware that MeMo had a lack of enthusiasm for the game. However, I would argue that being dropped entirely after 1 fumble and being publicly lambasted would do nothing but harm to a rookie's confidence, especially one as susceptible to injuries as Mewelde is. It only adds insult to injury, quite literally in this case.

But I'll consider the matter closed so as not to bring up old comments and arguments from last year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12