Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Donovan McNabb: Mechanics issue “getting out of hand”

Donovan McNabb: Mechanics issue “getting out of hand” | ProFootballTalk

“This whole mechanics thing is getting out of hand,” McNabb said. “Somebody says something about mechanics — everybody works on your mechanics, no matter what position you play. You watch the film and you try to work on different techniques. This whole mechanics thing is really something that I haven’t changed or anything of that nature.”
    He later bristled at another direct question about his inaccuracy.
    “I guess, according to y’all, my whole career I’ve been inaccurate. It’s just making the play when the play needs to be made.”

He might consider actually looking at some film before he disputes that his mechanics have any problem. Just because they were bad before but he was more athletic which helped mask the problems doesn't mean anything.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

McNabb dismisses inaccuracy issues

McNabb says talk about mechanics ‘getting out of hand’; Vikings QB dismisses inaccuracy issues

McNabb says talk about mechanics ‘getting out of hand’; Vikings QB dismisses inaccuracy issues - The Washington Post

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Already posted
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 10-13-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    I bet ole Leslie wishes he could take back the "Mechanics" gaff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I bet ole Leslie wishes he could take back the "Mechanics" gaff.
    Spelled it wrong marr. It's mechNabbics gaff
    Last edited by marshallvike; 10-13-2011 at 08:44 AM.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if the team even talked to Shanahan about his concerns with McNabb or if they just took DM's word for it.

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Donovan McNabb
    I guess, according to y’all, my whole career I’ve been inaccurate. It’s just making the play when the play needs to be made.
    Really McNabb? Really? Yeah sure, you make the play when it was needed to be made 3+ years ago. No one here is saying you have bene inaccurate your whole career.. Hell, no one here in MINNESOTA has watched you enough to even make that judgement. What we DO see, Donovan, is an aging QB who looks STRIKINGLY familiar to a former project QB who's getting savaged in Seattle right now. And you are supposed to be a Pro Bowler.

I was initially OK with McNabb joining the team, just like with Favre, as long as he performed. Hell, I even gave him less of a standard to play by than I did Favre. He's underwhelmed me with his performance so far. He'll have to turn his game around big time before I call this move a bust.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    " getting out of hand " ??? sounds like an adequate description of most of the balls he throws... off target, one hop and a spiral on a ball that you'd expect from an english soccer player rather than an american QB..
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    You know, when so many people all say the same thing, then maybe, just maybe, they might have a point. It's fine to shrug off a little criticism here and there, but this is way more than that. Sometimes the majority is right.

At this point, it has become a matter of stubborn pride and denial.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    And to pile on.. The Common Man Progrm today was hilarious. Well, the uni-sex bathroom bit was at least. The jist of the story was that there was a single uni-sex bathroom in a Vancouver restaurant that had 6 stalls. Inside each stall was a sign that had a male stick figure standing up in front of a toilet with the red circle/slash over it, implying that you MUST sit down to use the toilets. That sparked the conversation of how insulting it was to males who have great aim to be 'forced' to sit down and piss. Common went on for awhile about how he's been a great urinator for 50 years and never once missed. One of the many, many jokes made from the bit was what if Donovan McNabb used that bathroom and he, too, decided he wasn't going to sit and pee. I believe the crack was, "McNabb can't one or two-hop his urine into the toilet."

Anyway, I had a great laugh at that bit.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast