Del Rio Guest

Dominated? Hardly.

First of all, who ever said we have good kickoff coverage better re-think that. Fact our special teams have been shaky for years. And nothing seems to have changed.

We played a better football team. The Eagles didn't bring anything that we didn't think they had. I feel the game plan was great and the execution was great.............until the red zone.

We had the ball a lot, tons of first downs, moving along nicely. When we would get to the money spot we choked period. They have extreemly tough redzone D.

To say we were dominated is a joke. We played ball with the big boys and we got beat. But we held our own. The pass rush was insane like we knew it would be, and Pepper was amazing in his ability to avoid the sack. He never had time to throw and still he did a decent job.

Losing hurts, at least for me. But there were a lot of great things in this game. I felt our D had a pass rush! That in itself is a great thing. They actually moved towards the Qb. The secondary wasn't as awful as it was last week. I'm still waiting for Cotrell to let them float and get some of those int's going, but he hasn't yet.

Mcnabb looked great, T.O. was obviously a tool for them to use but not a real threat. He did have a great play on winfield that resulted in a long TD. We can bitch and moan about that play, and we all know it wasn't a catch, but the ref called it a TD and Tice didn't challange. So TD it is. It was a great pass, the catch sucked, but dang good pass.

They were limited to a lot of dunk and checkdown most of the game. And again the 4 yard pass turned into a 15 yard gain. That is a major problem. The coaches definately let the game get out of hand. They must have felt scared or something because they abandoned the run almost completely and it was working to an extent. We were down 8 and they wouldn't run the ball?

The crowd was insane. They were in it the whole game and did their team a great service.

I know we lost, and to an idiot it may appear that we were man handled, but that is not the case. This wasn't the Bears at home. This was the Eagles in thier house. And there is no reason we couldn't have won that game. Coaches playing timid hurt us and their amazing crowd and redzone D.

We had plenty of chances, we had the ball way more. And our D had a few big stops. They won this one. And in my opinion if you watched the game you would realize that it was a game where Two great teams faced off. One buckled under the pressure and was beaten by a great team.

Don't mess with Reid, he knows his stuff. When we had chances we should have put it in the painted. But we didn't.

Guys seriously we moved the ball easily on a good D. The favorite by many to win the NFC. Our D did a better job then last week. The score doesn't reflect it but they stepped it up a notch. I am not convinced this was a terrible thing.

Points of concern:
    Lions lead the division.
    Pepper started to revert back to spazy in the end.
    O-lineman hurt.
    We abandoned the run.
    Our Special teams suck. That punt was awful, kick coverage awful.
    Tice needs to play smart.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Dominated? Hardly.

You have the Bears at home next week... watch what you say...
    3 Straight Division Champs

Del Rio Guest

Dominated? Hardly.

I am well aware of who we play.

Coming off a loss. Going back to the dome, music to my ears.

R. Moss 8 69 8.6 1
    N. Burleson 5 67 13.4 0
    J. Wiggins 8 65 8.1 0
    O. Smith 8 56 7.0 0
    R. Owens 3 36 12.0 0
    K. Campbell 2 30 15.0 0
    M. Robinson 2 14 7.0 0
    M. Moore 1 6 6.0 0

These are receptions and yards look how well the ball was distributed

Dominated? Hardly.

I dont think I could have put it any better, Del Rio - you expressed my sentiments exactly. For now, I dont care what people say, and who calls it a "blowout" because whoever watched the game knows better. However, I think this game can serve as a tool for us. Since we were inches and penalties away from a win, I think the Vikings realize now how they must play in order to be on top. This is a tough loss, but a very constructive one as well. I just pray that we meet them again and bring our A game....We Will Win!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Dominated? Hardly.

Yeah, good job. Looking forward to next week, if they make a strong rebound that will show a lot for their "mental game."
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Dominated? Hardly.

"ADubya26" wrote:
    I dont think I could have put it any better, Del Rio - you expressed my sentiments exactly. For now, I dont care what people say, and who calls it a "blowout" because whoever watched the game knows better. However, I think this game can serve as a tool for us. Since we were inches and penalties away from a win, I think the Vikings realize now how they must play in order to be on top. This is a tough loss, but a very constructive one as well. I just pray that we meet them again and bring our A game....We Will Win!
    Same here, I taped the game but woke at around 4:30 here, so went downstairs and caught about the last 10 mins of playing time. Initial reaction was one of urgh ! but seeing that we did get drives going was good to see. Of course if you don't turn possesion time into points then you are screwed. However if you can move the ball against someone like the Eagles in their own house then the signs are promising. I also liked the fact that it didn't turn into a nightmare for the D and that they did do their part to try and keep the score down. Our pass rush looked poor again, though not sure if that was due to it being late in the game or not. The OL looked lost against the blitzes that Philly were sending in - for a Mike Tice team OL this was not good and I wonder how much we miss Jimmy K and also Bennett for their pass-blocking skills.
    In all not an unexpected result with some pluses to take forward and some negatives to take away and work on. So far I'd say that the Eagles were the team to beat in the NFC so we're not disgraced at present.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Dominated? Hardly.

This was our toughest game of the year, followed by Indy - away (although that one will be indoors). I honestly didn't expect us to win this one. The fact that we were in the game was encouraging.

I'm normally not a big complainer regarding the refs, but I thought it was one sided. I got the feeling that it favored the home team. Owens touchdown was not a catch. The defensive holding call on Philly's 1st quarter 3rd and 9, which was incomplete, was not good. It led to a touchdown. I thought Birk's holding call on Daunte's touchdown run was week. There were at least 3 or 4 additional calls that seemed to show favortism. It seemed like the refs tried a 'make up' call or two, but you can't make up for blown calls that lead to scores, or take away scores.

It will be nice to have Mixon back. He'll definitely help our DL.

Didn't it seem like their Left DE was in the backfield, on a regular basis, by the time the ball hit the QB's hands. Kearse was over there alot, but I saw others getting off the line quick too. Was Haayer giving away the snap count? I couldn't figure it out.

There - I'm done.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Dominated? Hardly.

I agree with Kenny Mixon being a tremendous help when he returns next week. We need Michael Bennett back soon also.

I think our D played more than good enough for the Vikes to win the game. It was mistakes, penalties (a couple really bad calls by the refs), one huge fumble at the goal line, and a horrible outing for our O line that cost us the game. It seemed like every play Culpepper was running for his life. He did a great job just scrambling around and making plays.

Special teams was awful too. It really worries me when Morten Andersen can't even get it there on a 44 yarder. Kickoffs were bad too.

But, all in all, for us to play this bad, and still be in the game the whole time, in Phillys house, is a really good sign. We weren't going to go 16-0 guys, we got a loss early, we have to learn from it.

OK, now time to go take it out on the Bears at the Dome!! SKOL!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Dominated? Hardly.

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    We need Michael Bennett back soon also.
    I just hate to rush Bennett back. After Chicago, we have a bye. If he's at 100% - great lets use him. But if he's only at 90% why risk further injury. I think we can beat the Bears with our current running backs. Getting Moe back will be a key to protect Daunte. I'm not sure what his status is.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Dominated? Hardly.

I think we can all realize if we havent already just how important jimmy is to our team after last nites game. Wiggins showed what he can do... he has nice hands and can move well. hopefully rosenthal wont miss to much time. time to fire rusty tillmans ass and get somebody who can do it, i dont care how much experience he has, our special teams suck and so does he