Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Dome difficulty heads toward a historic low

And another thing. Red never let Tice hire his own coaching staff. He didnt give him the money to. But CHildress could and did. He got Tomlin who many think will be a HC some day. And yet Childress still cant get his team to play together and do anything. How much money does Childress get a year? How much did Tice get?

I hope im wrong about Chilress. I hope a year from now everyone is telling me to eat crow. I know my friends think the world of Childress (or did till the past few games). But now they all kinda avoid talking to me about our HC.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

"You have to give them something to holler about". The fans have been hollering Childress.Just not the kind of hollering you want to hear >

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    And another thing. Red never let Tice hire his own coaching staff. He didnt give him the money to. But CHildress could and did. He got Tomlin who many think will be a HC some day. And yet Childress still cant get his team to play together and do anything. How much money does Childress get a year? How much did Tice get?

I hope im wrong about Chilress. I hope a year from now everyone is telling me to eat crow. I know my friends think the world of Childress (or did till the past few games). But now they all kinda avoid talking to me about our HC.

You usually are!

How do we know you have any?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

You usually are!

How do we know you have any?
    Hey no personal attacks...

I tend to think that you are wrong about Childress CC.
    A coaches first year is almost always difficult.
    We were lulled into a false sense of security because we figured anything would be better the Tice and because we started off strong.

Give the guy some time before damning him.

On the same note, we need to be careful not to make him into the next Bud Grant before he can prove himself that way either.

Bottom line, Childress is who we thought he was! (Couldn't resist).
    He is, and a minimum, better than Tice.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I never really noticed this but most of the people on this board echo what the so called "Sports Writers" from Mn say in the papers.

Think back a few coaches (i.e. Green).
    The "Sports Writers" from Mn beat him up continually.
    Why, because he didn't like them and refused to give them the "Scoop" all the time.

Then came Tice.
    He chit chatted with the "Sports Writers" all the time which resulted in most cases good press.

Now you have Childress who much like Green shun the "Sports Writers" and is treated like a B@$t@rd step child.

Give the guy a chance.
    He had a bunch of players who don't fit his scheme (which IMHO we haven't really seen yet).
    Started out strong, was loved by all and now that the times are hard you want to get rid of him.

All is not as bleak as it would appear.
    I believe we have something like 34 mil under the cap, we get a few good free agents (i.e DE, WR) without breaking the bank, draft for depth by selecting the best available player avail during our picks.

Again, give the guy a break until at least this time next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I can't believe people would already be calling for Childress' head.
    He may turn out to be the worst coach in NFL history, but it is way to early to tell.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    He may turn out to be the worst coach in NFL history, but it is way to early to tell.
    That was Steckel.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"WVV" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    That was Steckel.
    I'd just like to point out that, in one breathe, some people say that you can't judge a HC by 1 year in the league, yet, Les Steckel was.

I was too young to remember that era, and Steckel and his roster is just a blip on the history radar, so I really don't know anything about him. But, according to this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Steckel , his resume sounds a lot like Childress'. Notice the "military background" and "emphasized discipline".

However, he did win a state championship in 1 year, coaching his son's football team.

DSHARP42 is offline Training Camp

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    Anything you have in common with Les Steckel is a bad thing.

Can't argue with that 1 bit..
    off topic here, but just wanted to know if you ever noticed winfield's name is spelled wrong in ur sig?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the worst part in all of this is that the twins got their stadium bill passed when they started to go on a tear and had a great home record..this seasons failure at home and overall is really gonna weigh in on whether or not a stadium deal gets done
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12