bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

The dome is awesome

the dome is great for baseball games, not for football
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

The dome is awesome

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    the dome is great for baseball games, not for football
    Baseball sucks but football in the dome is the best especially viking games.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

The dome is awesome

I've never been to the metrodome but the noise is crazy. Torri Hunter said he hates it and wishes they would get a new stadium. Just a little fact we are the only team in the nfc that has to share a stadium with a baseball team.
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The dome is awesome

The dome is great for home advantage and that is it.

I have been to tons of Twins and Vikings games and have enjoyed them all. But as far as the facilities, they lag behind in the appeal and the pleasure of watching the games. I now reside near Houston and have visited Minutemaid(Astros) and Reliant(Texans) a few times. Both venues are state of the art with retractable roofs. Up north we would have the roof open a lot. but down here they keep it closed most of the time becasue of the heat. What is nice about both Venues is that when you go for snacks, you can still see the game, more so in Minutemaid. You always feel part of the action. When you go out for snack at the dome, you can't hear the sound of the crowd and you are out of touch with what is going on except for that one TV in the hallway inbetween the Bathroom and the SnackShack. The cool thing about Reliant is that it feels like an Arean. It feels like the opposite side of the feild is so close you could touch it. It is built up and not out.

One exception: I do have to say that I went to a game in the Metrodome in late Dec. night game, outside it was -5 with a wind chill of -60. I have to say the dome is pretty nice under those conditions.

Don't get me wrong, the dome is what it is. A home to the Vikings. It also holds a lot of great sports memories for me. Awesome Awesome!!!! Puckett's catches, 2 world championships, Carter and his records, Smith, Moss, Randle, Mallard, Doleman and Many others. Oh I just about forgot, a Duke championship.

If the dome goes that would be sad.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The dome is awesome

I am sooooo jealous, as I haven't been to Minute Maid, Reliant or even the Dome. I would love to experience a game at the Dome at least once before they build a new stadium. I played in the Superdome as a high school senior, but I was so into the game that I don't remember much about the noise factor. We won the state championship so the rest was all good.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

The dome is awesome

Cajun,

Congrats on the Champ!

You must go to the Dome. Just hope we are playing well that day or you will hear the BOO BIRD. They come out of the rafters in the Dome faster than anywhereelse. MN fans are the quickest to let there team know they better start playing better. IT is a form of tough love. Also it is so loud. 64,000 plus fans yelling in the loudest dome in the land. Welcome to the Jungle playing at KickOff, that is my favorite part. Whoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh Welcome to the Jungle .........(BOOM)............... GO Axle, GO Vikes. There is another guy who is probably serving a suspension still for smoking dope. Axle you are suspend from GnR for smoking dope and ruining your voice come back after you finish your next bowl. He has a bottomless bowl apparently.

Take your lady back to MN and see a game.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

The dome is awesome

I dont get how our dome could be the loudest in the league. Atlanta, st. louis, indy all have domes with many fans that always sell out the game and they have much more room to fit there fans into. SO with more fans they we do, how are we the loudest?? Im not going by a homer statement or anything like that. Just thought id ask, since some people have been to other teams stadiums.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

The dome is awesome

Seroiusly, you are going to think that I am nuts but the noise level has a lot to to with the base noise level of the dome speakers. We are known for playing the music extra loud. It just perpetuates over to fan noise. It is home feild advantage.

I think it was the bears last year that complained that we put extra speakers at field level on only their side of the field, I don't remember how that discussion came out.

IT isn't just the number of fans it is how the sound is used. As far as fan noise, they probably are the same.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

The dome is awesome

I like the dome for the atmosphere, but the amenities leave a lot to be desired. I know the newer venues have larger hallways, more restrooms, concession stands, and souvenir shops. I'm actually looking forward to getting a new dome, but I'd bet the atmosphere won't be as good as the old.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

The dome is awesome

OK, my turn on the Dome:

As far as a dome with an "atmosphere", it's pretty good. I had season tickets for the two years preceding this one, and let me tell you, my ears were SHOT every Sunday during the season. The camraderie, the sea of Purple, it's the greatest - HOWEVER:

1) The bathrooms SUCK - three or four stalls each bathroom for doing the #2, WAY TOO FEW!!!!!!!! Plus, one way in and one way out, no good...

2) The concourse is WAY too small for that amount of people, and having the revolving doors to let people out after the game - stupid! What if there was a fire or terrorist threat or something? I can see the headlines now: "Hundreds killed in stampede at the Metrodome" - could you imagine the lawsuits?

3) The seats are too narrow and too short - for a big guy like me (6'3" tall), I'm usually eating my kneecaps. If the build another stadium for the Vikes (PLEASE GOD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!), build it in consideration of ALL fans - short, tall, big, small, whatever... MAKE IT BIG ENOUGH, for cripes sakes!

4) The parking around the dome is terrible, as is trying to get out of downtown after a game (Twins OR Vikes). I do, however, like the LRT access - you can park south of downtown or wherever, and take the train in. I say build it in a suburb like Blaine, where there is PLENTY of access from the freeways, and somehow connect LRT in, so people can come to the game that way... and build LOTS of parking nearby. And have a RETRACTIBLE roof!

Thanks for listening, and let's hear some more thoughts on the subject!!!!!!

SKOL!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast