Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Dolphins, Vikings talking Culpepper trade

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I don't really want to see Pep go...BUT if it makes our team better to trade him for another player in a position of need...THEN that is what has to be done!!!
    This is pretty much my stand as well. You really dont want him to leave but if the value is there, and the timing right...

"faninphx" wrote:
    HMMMM....

I don't doubt that Miami wants Culpepper and I'm sure Culpepper would like to play in Miami (seeing as how he grew up/still lives in Florida).

I just really don't see Miami having enough lure to bait CPep away from us. Especially because we don't have anybody to take his place. B Johnson is old enough to be my father (I'm 23).

If Miami could give us a top-five draft pick, I might reconsider. If we trade Pep we would be worse off than they would. Besides, I have a hard time believing any article that begins with "sources say". Especially if that paper has a dog in the hunt.
    I would have to agree...I would like to know what they would offer us....because now that ricky is our of the question....Best we could hope for from them is draft pick...!

Lucky is offline Waterboy

I will be crushed if the Vikes give up two hall of fame players two years in a row. I now that Red had something to do with gettin rid of moss so hopefully Ziggy doesn't make another huge mistake!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Totally different situation between the two. Moss was in his "prime," so to speak. PEP is a real question mark. First of all can he come back from the injury and secondly is he really the great QB his #'s two years ago indicate. Sure didn't look like it last year. (Of course that offensive line had something to do with it.) But he could not seem to read defenses and he has a rap of not being a good study of defenses.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Totally different situation between the two. Moss was in his "prime," so to speak. PEP is a real question mark. First of all can he come back from the injury and secondly is he really the great QB his #'s two years ago indicate. Sure didn't look like it last year. (Of course that offensive line had something to do with it.) But he could not seem to read defenses and he has a rap of not being a good study of defenses.
    Both have/had a negative.

Moss - Attitude (so they say)
    DC - Injury

Neither seem to command a blockbuster deal.

Moss was cheap for being in his prime.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"faninphx" wrote:
    HMMMM....

I don't doubt that Miami wants Culpepper and I'm sure Culpepper would like to play in Miami (seeing as how he grew up/still lives in Florida).

I just really don't see Miami having enough lure to bait CPep away from us. Especially because we don't have anybody to take his place. B Johnson is old enough to be my father (I'm 23).

If Miami could give us a top-five draft pick, I might reconsider. If we trade Pep we would be worse off than they would. Besides, I have a hard time believing any article that begins with "sources say". Especially if that paper has a dog in the hunt.

Brad Johnson is not from Alabama, thus he is not old enough to be your father. He will be 38 when the season starts, that would put him at 14 when he had you. I got your point though about him not being traded, and I believe that with the recent talks of his teamates, they may think twice about trading him.. LOL

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:

And he fumbles alot. That has been the case since he came into the league.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:

And he fumbles alot. That has been the case since he came into the league.
    Its like comparing apples to oranges here. :wink:

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Culpepper's progress may trigger trade
    <Feb. 23> Culpepper is making very good progress in rehabilitating his right knee, and he should be ready to play football this season, which is positive news for any team interested in trading for him, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports.

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins have held talks with the Vikings about a possible trade involving Culpepper. Although no trade can be finalized until March 3, negotiations and a verbal agreement could occur any time.

The Ravens, who have also been mentioned as potential suitors, were contacted by the Vikings, but Baltimore general manager Ozzie Newsome told the Baltimore Sun that no negotiations have "officially" taken place and no deal was imminent. Newsome did not rule out the possibility that the issue could be revisited.

Meanwhile, ESPN.com's John Clayton claims if the Vikings can't work out a trade by March 17, when Culpepper is due a $6 million roster bonus, the team might consider cutting him.

Culpepper angered owner Zygi Wilf by asking that approximately $10 million be added to his contract this season -- increasing his total 2006 compensation to a staggering $18 million. Culpepper contends the Vikings promised last summer to address his contract further after the 2005 season; the team has denied that claim.

Oakland and the New York Jets are also among the teams expected to pursue quarterbacks this offseason.
    ===============================================
    If Daunte's rehab is lookin' so good, why should we even think about tradin' him, y'know?
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think the only reason we're even thinking of trading him is because of his request for more money after a poor season and a very serious injury. Asking for $10 mil more after that was a VERY poor decision on Dante's or his agent's part.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast