Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dolphin Fan feels really bad for you guys!!!

"DolFan1971" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Welcome SEADOG and while the Dolphins had some bad personnel moves everything I have heard was that Wanny had final say on personnel and he overruled Spielman on some moves but lets hope Wilf knows what he is doing with that position this time around.

It is a hiring that has sort of come out of nowhere.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanny had total contol of the team until after the 2003 season when Mr. H. gave him that ludicrous two year extension on his contract, he should have been fired, and with that Speilman was promoted to GM, became wannys boss in effect and had the final say over personnel matters.
    Speilman until then still made recommendations to wanny and wanny often times followed his advise. Neither these two are very good at evaluating talent, especially offensive talent. That rag tag o-line they ammassed in 2004 was a disgrace.

However to show how coaching plays such a big part in how players perform, Hudson Houke in his first year with the Phins (Saban hired him in 2005 way befoe the season started) Houke was able to take the same 0-line wanny had and by the second half of the season the whole line was run and pass blocking quite well and the penalties abated. With the addition of tackle JT Shelton our o-line should be much better this season.
    Are you referring to L J Shelton??? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

brad childress makes all player personnel moves on his own..this new schmo has absolutely no decision makiing role..people need to realize that andy reid makes all the player personnel decisions in philly, and brad will do the same here..front office guys are just there to fill the void and waste space except for brzezinski who negotiates the contracts
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

DolFan1971 is offline Training Camp

"twill" wrote:
    "DolFan1971" wrote:
    "twill" wrote:
    speilman does suck. but i just have to say one thing. i live in miami, and i hate every single dolphin fan, they talk so much crap, and ill tell u this, as long as Belichick is the headcoach of the patriots, the fish-fags will never get a division title.

p.s. i cant wait till nov. 19, im paintin my body purple and gold, that date is circled on my calendar.. (well i dont know about now after the speilman hiring) =)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thats not fair, fans of every team talk crap not just Phin fans.
    ehhh ur right... sorry bro i take it back.. hey bro, r u going to the dolphins vikings game? this would sound weird but maybe ur crew can tailgate with my crew!
    No problem twill. :smile:

Man that would be awesome and thanks for the invite but I live in North Florida and doubt I will be able to make it. Should be one heck of a game though.

SEADOG is offline Waterboy

[/quote]
    I'm really not too worried. He seems like a good guy.[/quote]

He does seem like a nice guy, but he's really a no talent picking bafoon.

That guy really set our team back. We do have a top pick LB'er that hasn't played a lick of football, now we can't even give him away.

DolFan1971 is offline Training Camp

"SEADOG" wrote:
    I'm really not too worried. He seems like a good guy.[/quote]

He does seem like a nice guy, but he's really a no talent picking bafoon.

That guy really set our team back. We do have a top pick LB'er that hasn't played a lick of football, now we can't even give him away.[/quote]

LOL...None other than eddie "munster" moore. I wonder if wanny wanted him or speilman?

"MensaTice" wrote:
    BTW, welcome to the site. You should stick around because in the offseason this is a pretty funny place to be, even for non-vikes fans.

We'll see about Joey. Joey.
    Thanks, I'll try to stick around and keep up, but..I'm a busy freak'n beaver at work.

Joey was about all that was left, or at least one of the best picks out there for us. I mean, we got DC that "might play" and a guy named Cleo Lemon that hasn't thrown a pass in the NFL. We needed someone, I think it's Joey's time to shine or ride off in the sunset. He seems delighted to be with us, and I believe he'll give DC a run for his money, IMO...he wins the QB position. I wasn't impressed with DC last year, now we've got a banged up DC. He'd better show he's worth the time or he'll be needing some sunglasses as well.

[/quote]

Spielman DID draft Chambers...so he can't be a TOTAL goofball. Don't worry, Studwell is gonna keep Spielman in line...and so will Childress!!!

I AM glad that Wanny is gone though...I couldn't root for you guys at all while he was Head Coach...I just hate that guy...from his time with the Cowboys...to his time with the Bears...to wanting him to fail as Jimmy Johnson's hand-picked successor in Miami. Saban, I like...I hope that he is successful there...as long as it's not at our expense. The Pep trade was fair for both sides...we got rid of a malcontent, Miami got a player who wanted a fresh start...we took a risk that we could eventually replace Pep, you guys took a chance that he will return to his pre-injury form...good or bad, the trade is not a big deal from my point of view...certainly no reason to hate on the Dolphins. So, GOOD LUCK to your team as well...except for when we play you guys, that is! :lol:[/quote]

You'd better keep this fool in line or it won't be pretty.

I'm damn glad as well we got rid of that no coaching Martini drinking Wanny as well. I live in Denver, but watch all the games, you can't begin to understand how sick I'd get watching that JackArse on the sideline rubbing his fricking head wondering what the hell is going on. The last of JJ's coaching regime.

I agree with your comments about DC, I think it's a gamble, but many Fin Fans think it's a gamble worth taking. Good for the both of us possibly.

I look forward to the game between our two teams, I'll be around and take mine or give what I can. ;>)

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Welcome SEADOG and while the Dolphins had some bad personnel moves everything I have heard was that Wanny had final say on personnel and he overruled Spielman on some moves but lets hope Wilf knows what he is doing with that position this time around.

It is a hiring that has sort of come out of nowhere.
    That's the rumor, but I wonder....

"MplsViking" wrote:
    [quote]"SEADOG" wrote:
    This guy wasted more picks on bum trades, and picks on bum draftees than anyone in the NFL (Not For Long, with pick ups like he did).

actually he did get you guys chris chambers in the 2nd round which was a really good pick and with the players he had/coach he had and ricky williams suddingly retiring he didnt do as bad as u say he did.
    I never played Pro Baseball, but you throw me enough pitches, I'm sure to hit the ball once. LOL!!!

We gave up the first pick in the second round for a 3rd string QB that should be playing Arena Football, AJ Feelme.

"DolFan1971" wrote:
    Hey dog wazzup? This is a pretty cool site, much better than the herald site our Phins forum is on.
    Hey guy...yea this sites pretty good, people here are friendly as well. I wonder if they get there fair share of trolls? If not maybe we can send them some of ours. God knows we have some. We do have a troll that claims to be a Viking fan, but I believe he's a cloaked Jester fan. He really doesn't like DC, but then again he doesn't seem to know much else about the Vikings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast