parsongeorge is offline Starter

Doesn't every defense have a leader?

Who is the leader on our Defense? I see no one motivating us on big 3rd downs (which we suck at by the way) What was the packs 3rd down conversion rate yesterday 80%? All I see out of the defense is linebackers turning their backs to the ball before it's getting ready to be snapped in total confusion.....That is sooooo sad :cry: If we had a Boulware or a Ray Lewis we would be 100% better. I would address that before anything else next year. I'm sick of the ridiculousness of our pathetic D
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I agree parson their are no team leaders on the field and even Moss had a very bad day he was upright and usless in the second half. The way things went in the first half things looked pretty good but the quick strikes just ment the defense was on the field with no rest. The one thing I do not understand is what works in the first half is not used at all in the second half. What ever happened to do it until they stop you. The sigh of a good club is that the other team knows what you are doing and still can not stop you from doing it! It is sometimes called smash mouth football and I only see 2 teams doing it, NE and Pitts.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Moss should not have played in the second half, moss at half speed is more useless then beneficial. I would rather have a full speed ben Nelson in the game than a 50% (or less yesterday) moss on the field. Oh and Fire Linehan
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

WTF? What is it with you guys and linehan, i thought he called a really, really solid game. He's the reason Daunte is Daunte. He made a stupid ass call in seatle but i stand by him. At least his offensive players dont look confused, they know what they are doing, to many penalties but they dont have confusion. Look at Cotrell, his defense looks more confused then favre when he hit the ref with the ball. Linehan has his guys ready to go, unlike Ted.

parsongeorge is offline Starter

"vikingstw" wrote:
    WTF? What is it with you guys and linehan, i thought he called a really, really solid game. He's the reason Daunte is Daunte. He made a stupid ass call in seatle but i stand by him. At least his offensive players dont look confused, they know what they are doing, to many penalties but they dont have confusion. Look at Cotrell, his defense looks more confused then favre when he hit the ref with the ball. Linehan has his guys ready to go, unlike Ted.
    What are you talking bout? I was talking about their d.
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"parsongeorge" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:
    What are you talking bout? I was talking about their d.
    I'm talking about the linehan haters including dart, havnt you been reading around here latly :scratch: :clown: .

no offense vikingstw, but have you been watching the games lately? I mean it seems like Linehan calls one game the first half, has success, and then pretty much does the exact opposite in the second half. Linehan sucks..i dont think you will find many people that will say elsewise.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I wish I knew the stat for how much we have been penalized compared to other teams in the NFL. All I know is that we have had TOO MANY offensive penalties. We have to be up there for the most in the league. That is a lot of yardage to be made up. It causes a lack of continuity on the offensive side of the ball. There was the run call on 1st and 25 or 2nd and 25 that was questionable from linehan but I would be questioning one or two plays after a win also.

As for a defensive leader, I just don't see it. The guys will say that it is Chavous and Winfield. A middle LB, K.Will and Udeze need to study and get more confidence in the off season and come back next year and be more vocal.