Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Re: Does Chilly SUCK or NOT?

Where is Onterrio Smith these days?
    :

Where is Moe Williams?

How much was Tice fined?

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Listen (or read, I guess), I'm not saying that what he did was right or that there was any good reason for him to do it. People make mistakes and do things they shouldn't.
    They should get their due punishment but to labeled as selfish and not a team player because you committed a harmless (albeit embarassing act) is a little extreme.
    That is all I'm saying.
    Hang the guy from a yard arm if you want to.
    I think it is unfair to judge people by there worst and/or weakest moments.
    We aren't going to resolve this, it's a matter of opinion and life philosophy.
    I don't think him getting caught in public is enough to label him a selfish, non-team player.
    You think it is the end of the world, apparently and seem pretty extreme about it.
    So I am not going to change ur opinion and your not going to change mine. Let's agree to disagree.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Where is Onterrio Smith these days?

:

Where is Moe Williams?

How much was Tice fined?

tice was fined for scalping tickets, smith is outta football cuz he can't stop smoking pot, and moe williams was old.
    they are completely unrelated to what you are talking about.
    if those were the whole sale changes the vikes were making, those guys were gonna be gone anyway so you are way off base there.
    another crappy argument by perplex.
    performance is what matters and you get away with more when you perform, if culpepper doesn't throw 12 interceptions and blow out his knee to end that year and instead was having a 2004 type season do you think that we would have been dealing him.
    i think not.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

"It gave him a chance to look around and cast his gaze," Childress said. "You can't believe the things you see when your head is not down on the [play-calling] card. ... You can turn your back to the field and see the bench area and see what the decorum is back there. Who is coaching? Who is teaching? You can walk down and talk to a defensive player. You're more of a head coach."
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1086481.html

I liked this quote.. Bchill is actually understanding now why reid did some of the things.. ok he likes calling plays.. hey who wouldn't!!! but now it's time to cast that gaze around.. know hat plays are being made.. but know what your team is doin as well.. lets c if he can be the Coach we need him to be.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Listen (or read, I guess), I'm not saying that what he did was right or that there was any good reason for him to do it. People make mistakes and do things they shouldn't.
    They should get their due punishment but to labeled as selfish and not a team player because you committed a harmless (albeit embarassing act) is a little extreme.
    That is all I'm saying.
    I don't think him getting caught in public is enough to label him a selfish, non-team player.
    You think it is the end of the world, apparently and seem pretty extreme about it.
    So I am not going to change ur opinion and your not going to change mine. Let's agree to disagree.
    If someone misbehaves after receiving many warnings not to do so, they are
    challenging authority and ignoring their teammates.
    No need for that unless they are selfish.

Who do you think Tomlin was referring to when he said the Vikings had discipline problems last year?
    Brad Johnson?
    Tony Richardson?
    CTaylor?
    Ryan Longwell ?
    Since he was the DC, I'll guess it was a defensive player that he had problems with, and that points to a few possibilities.

I can see why you defend the actions of miscreants like D.Smith, Moe Williams, and O.Smith as harmless, and just embarassing.
    After being informed of the many ways these players were disciplined, you continue to argue that such discipline is unwarranted.
    If so, why did D.Smith sit out the opening game last year?
    Should he have complained to the NFL PA?

You, like those individuals who are gone, just don't get it, and refuse to get it.

There is no sense in discussing this issue with someone who ignores multiple incidents that clearly prove the point being discussed.
    When we stop to think about it, some folks behavior isn't perplexing after all.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    That is all I'm saying.
    If someone misbehaves after receiving many warnings not to do so, they are
    challenging authority and ignoring their teammates.
    No need for that unless they are selfish.

Who do you think Tomlin was referring to when he said the Vikings had discipline problems last year?
    Brad Johnson?
    Tony Richardson?
    CTaylor?
    Ryan Longwell ?
    Since he was the DC, I'll guess it was a defensive player that he had problems with, and that points to a few possibilities.

I can see why you defend the actions of miscreants like D.Smith, Moe Williams, and O.Smith as harmless, and just embarassing.
    After being informed of the many ways these players were disciplined, you continue to argue that such discipline is unwarranted.
    If so, why did D.Smith sit out the opening game last year?
    Should he have complained to the NFL PA?

You, like those individuals who are gone, just don't get it, and refuse to get it.

There is no sense in discussing this issue with someone who ignores multiple incidents that clearly prove the point being discussed.
    When we stop to think about it, some folks behavior isn't perplexing after all.

I think he said residual behavior problems. I read that to mean carried over from the season before and honest to god I imagined Smoot the whole time.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

'Residual' means a continuation of a past incident or incidents.

The past incidents may include the events on the list I provided; i.e. scalping, DUI, evading police, Smoot, McKinney, ....

The continuation, or 'residual' means the events that occurred after all the warnings players received; e.g. D.Smith, Smoot, M.Robinson, P.Williams (reporting overweight), Travis Taylor, etc.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    'Residual' means a continuation of a past incident or incidents.

The past incidents may include the events on the list I provided; i.e. scalping, DUI, evading police, Smoot, McKinney, ....

The continuation, or 'residual' means the events that occurred after all the warnings players received; e.g. D.Smith, Smoot, M.Robinson, P.Williams (reporting overweight), Travis Taylor, etc.
    That's not how it reads to me.

Hard to say really but from his actions I would wager it wasn't D. Smith. We will never know.

As long as it gets resolved I guess it wont matter. I think the cutting of Smoot was more behavioral then financial. I hope it gets better.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am guessing there is a happy medium between purplexing's views and those of ragz.
    I don't think Smith is selfish or unwilling to be a team player.
    He made a mistake.
    But he also made that mistake at one of the worst possible times.
    Zygi was trying to change the image of the Vikings, and was just starting to get support in the legislature for a new stadium.
    Incidents like this, the KoRO thing, MRob, and our record last season, have really hurt that cause.

In the end I do not think either the black and white view of Purplexing nor the "who cares what they do as long as they perform" view of ragz are valid, although I would rather error on the black and white side. If I could choose between a 6-10 team that doesn't get into trouble or embarrass the team and a 10-6 team that is leading pft's Turd Watch, I think I would rather go for the 6-10.
    Just my $0.2 pesos.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am guessing there is a happy medium between purplexing's views and those of ragz.
    I don't think Smith is selfish or unwilling to be a team player.
    He made a mistake.
    But he also made that mistake at one of the worst possible times.
    Zygi was trying to change the image of the Vikings, and was just starting to get support in the legislature for a new stadium.
    Incidents like this, the KoRO thing, MRob, and our record last season, have really hurt that cause.

In the end I do not think either the black and white view of Purplexing nor the "who cares what they do as long as they perform" view of ragz are valid, although I would rather error on the black and white side. If I could choose between a 6-10 team that doesn't get into trouble or embarrass the team and a 10-6 team that is leading pft's Turd Watch, I think I would rather go for the 6-10.
    Just my $0.2 pesos.
    I guess the safest way to evaluate the detriment to the team is....does he do it or something similar again.

If he truley felt bad about it, knew he made a mistake, and never does it again it shows a level of respect I think that can be appreciated.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast