Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Does Childress really know offense?

"Del" wrote:
    TJ may or may not be the future.

If you put him now the only thing it's going to "open" is a can of whoop a$$ on our team.
    I can only imagine the squealing from the masses here if TJ were put in and committed the kind of turnovers and mis-plays which Vince Young did last week in Tennessee against the Cowboys.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

If you put him now the only thing it's going to "open" is a can of whoop a$$ on our team.
    I can only imagine the squealing from the masses here if TJ were put in and committed the kind of turnovers and mis-plays which Vince Young did last week in Tennessee against the Cowboys.

=Z=
    You know what would happen AZ, if he started playing and he strugled. You would have all his fans come out and say he is a rookie he needs time. Which is the same fucking thing that Childress and this team needs. Their brains only work when it is benificial to their ideas.

The best part of the T-Jack argument is people are getting excited about his play this pre-season and reference it when trying to make a case for him being able to do a better job then Brad, but Brad still outplayed the young buck in the preseason in every stat.

I like T-Jack as much as I can for a guy who never played Div 1 football, but I think it is pretty humorous some of the claims we hear about what he will do for us right now.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

=Z=
    You know what would happen AZ, if he started playing and he strugled. You would have all his fans come out and say he is a rookie he needs time. Which is the same fricken thing that Childress and this team needs. Their brains only work when it is benificial to their ideas.

The best part of the T-Jack argument is people are getting excited about his play this pre-season and reference it when trying to make a case for him being able to do a better job then Brad, but Brad still outplayed the young buck in the preseason in every stat.

I like T-Jack as much as I can for a guy who never played Div 1 football, but I think it is pretty humorous some of the claims we hear about what he will do for us right now.
    I agree Del. First of all, the notion that Jackson could come in here and do more than Brad could, especially with the offensive line playing like it did last week, is ridiculous. The guy is a rookie that has only played in 4 preseason games, been in Childress's system for 4 months and only played 1-AA football. Just the thought that he could come in and do better than a 14 year vet with a Super Bowl ring and a good grasp of the offense is insane! I like Jackson's potential, and I think with some work he could become Childress's next McNabb, but we're only 4 games into his career for crying out loud. Also, we've seen how misleading preseason can be, and that's all we've seen Tarvaris play. Remember Daunte last year? He was lights out in the preseason, had a QB rating of like 114, and then threw 6 TDs and 12 INTs in his first couple of games. Don't take the preseason as an indication of ANYTHING. Even the really, really prepared quarterbacks coming out of college struggle in their first few years. Petyon Manning is about as cerebral as they come when it comes to an offense, and he played big time college football, and he still threw more INTs than touchdowns his first year. Replace Brad with Tarvaris? Give me a break.

As far as Childress goes, "Duh." How could he not know the offense? He's the head coach for crying out loud! He's been in football for decades, was an offensive coordinator for one of the best Wisconsin offenses in history, was an o-coordinator (even though he didn't call the plays, he wouldn't have a job if he didn't know, understand and coach the offense) for a Super Bowl team with the Eagles. Childress doesn't know the offense? Wow. Just wow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123