Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

Does Childress really know offense?

Someone had to ask the question?
    I mean lets face the facts, Childress was a glorified clipboard holder for Andy Reid the past several seasons while Reid called the plays.
    We have been patient fans thus far this year (or maybe we are more focused on the Twins) and I don't recall this level of patience in recent years.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Does Childress really know offense?

Stop it. We are fine. Childress is doing a great job. It's the first year give it some time.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

People really don't understand coaching in the NFL do they.. an offensive coordinator is not a "glorified clip-board holder". If he was that, we never would have signed him to be our head coach. I'm pretty sure Childress knows how to make the plays, the question is can he call them on the fly or not. I think he did a fine job the first two weeks and had his philosophy down. Run the ball or bust. The playcalls against the bears were good too, our offense just failed us in the end (not his fault). Last week was the first time he really had to play a full game down. He abandoned his own philosophy and we lost the game because of that. Let's see how he rebounds next week and reserve judgement until then.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

As disappointed as I have been with this offense, I still know that it hasn't truly jelled yet and WILL get better. OL penalties, missed blocks, wrong routes and dropped passes. All of these things are related to cohesion, which we have lacked. Dropped passes may be more problematic, but at least some of them can be attributed to looking in the wrong place or adjusting to a correct route after messing up originally. I think (hope) this offense will get it together soon, and then it will fly! I expect to see results after the bye. If it hasn't come together by then...well, maybe Calvin Johnson will be wearing horns next year!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Coach Chill will do just fine against the Kitties...besides, I will be holding his family hostage...so he'd better win if he knows what's good for him!

JUST KIDDING!!! (I think)

LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

This game will tell us alot about our team and coaching staff. This is a game where we have no reason to lose and that is the kind of game we usually end up losing. If we lose to Detroit all hell is going to break loose for the coaching staff.

Personally I have been more patient than usual with the staff because of all of the changes but this is the fifth week and any jelling that hasn't happened probably won't happen and if it does, it will probably be too late to mean anything. After the season is over we will lose players and coaches and will be back to square one so I am not interested in seeing them finally "Jell" in week 12.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    Stop it. We are fine. Childress is doing a great job. It's the first year give it some time.
    I hope you don't want too much time.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

If he would call plays like there's two minutes left and we're down by 5, then we'd be in great shape. He's trying to be too conservative with our offense. Not the dink, dink, dink, big pass, dink, dink, dink, big pass formula anymore. Play to WIN, and we will. hopefully after last week, he'll realize that in this league you have to keep putting more
    and more pressure on from the opening kickoff to the last second. Play call like we're behind and we'll do well.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    This game will tell us alot about our team and coaching staff. This is a game where we have no reason to lose and that is the kind of game we usually end up losing. If we lose to Detroit all hell is going to break loose for the coaching staff.

Personally I have been more patient than usual with the staff because of all of the changes but this is the fifth week and any jelling that hasn't happened probably won't happen and if it does, it will probably be too late to mean anything. After the season is over we will lose players and coaches and will be back to square one so I am not interested in seeing them finally "Jell" in week 12.
    They had better start gellin' like Magellan...otherwise we might have to go out and trade for a felon (Randy Moss) to jump start the offense!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Perhaps what were seeing is the reason Reid didn't let Childress call the plays.

- Just throwing some fuel on the fire.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast