Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    The jags cut hugh douglas today (DE). Does anyone think we should try to get him. I know he had a down year last year, but he could be a valuable guy. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  2. #2
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The jags cut hugh douglas today (DE). Does anyone think we should try to get him. I know he had a down year last year, but he could be a valuable guy. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were.

    He just agreed with the eagles, which I predicted, on the hugh douglas thread in general NFL section. I think he is gonna have a much better year, now that he is back in phily. I say 8 or 9 sacks.

  3. #3
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,994

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    Damn, I was hoping he would go to the AFC if not us. Oh well, not like we were looking, but I think that guy is good, he just had a down year. I don't like the thought of Kearse and Douglas crashing in on cpep!!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  4. #4
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Damn, I was hoping he would go to the AFC if not us. Oh well, not like we were looking, but I think that guy is good, he just had a down year. I don't like the thought of Kearse and Douglas crashing in on cpep!!

    Yeah, that makes their D-line even scarier. Kearse, douglas, and korey simon, those are 3 beasts. The phily game will defintiely be our toughest game of the year.

  5. #5
    dan3ski's Avatar
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    878

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    Oh man this will really make it tough for the Vikings "o" line. Hope they are up to the task.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

  6. #6
    chubchub is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    106

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    What happened to everyone saying we had one of the best D-lines in the N.F.L? All of a sudden Hovan doesn't look so good,does he? You guys can't be on both sides of the fence! Don't tell me Hovan's the best, then turn around and say we should have taken Douglas. You guys tell eachother what you want to hear, but nobody speaks the truth. Once you get past this hurdle, you'll feel a lot better! Learn the game, then come talk to me.

  7. #7
    hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,412

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    I think hes over the hill already. Hes what, around thirty something already. Hes way past his prime and unable to rush the passer nor stop the run. I dont think we need him and his huge contract he'll demand.
    Philly might sign him but he wont be a dwight freeney type threat if and when we face him.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a


  8. #8
    Del Rio Guest

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    Hovan has never really impressed me. He brings something to the game that we need, fire. He is like John Randle without the numbers.

    As far as learning the game, this comes from someone who doesn't know what a coverage sack is lol.

  9. #9
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    "chubchub" wrote:
    What happened to everyone saying we had one of the best D-lines in the N.F.L? All of a sudden Hovan doesn't look so good,does he? You guys can't be on both sides of the fence! Don't tell me Hovan's the best, then turn around and say we should have taken Douglas. You guys tell eachother what you want to hear, but nobody speaks the truth. Once you get past this hurdle, you'll feel a lot better! Learn the game, then come talk to me.

    Didn't know you were an NFL head coach! I guess the rest of us will just wait for you to post so we will know exactly whats going on. I am waiting coach tell me everything.
    :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #10
    gpete13 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    196

    Does anyone think we should go after hugh douglas?

    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Philly might sign him but he wont be a dwight freeney type threat if and when we face him.
    That dude is going to lead the league in sacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikes interested in DE Marques Douglas
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 04:08 PM
  2. Should Vikes go after Hugh Douglas
    By Jordan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 11:21 PM
  3. Niners sign Ravens DE Douglas
    By Burley81 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:45 AM
  4. Hugh Douglas
    By pepper 0n moss in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 10:23 PM
  5. Pick Up Hugh Douglas FA?
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 09:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •