Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Does anyone know...?

"Freya" wrote:
    "Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    Yeah, bennet has no moves. Basically if there is an unblocked guy anywhere infront of him he is down. I dont thin ki have ever seen him even break one tackle.
    It looks to me like he is afraid of getting hurt most of the time. Perhaps he has had his game scared out of him.
    I keep hearing that it takes two seasons for a RB to return to form after surgery. Bennett has had two operations in a very short span. Maybe he gets his game back next year much like Edge James from the Colts came back this year with a vengeance after a poor season last year.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone know...?

I absolutely love Bennetts speed... IF he can get a gap he's dangerous, but so far he is not the playmaker that the other backs have proven to be. I'm all about trading him this year while he has some value.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Does anyone know...?

The reason Bennet was playing was for his ability to block and help protect Culpepper. He should be used with more screens so his speed can be used.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone know...?

Wouldn't suprise me to see Bennett used as trade bait after this season.

With Smith, Williams, and Moore in the backfield, Bennett is a luxury we simply - to be honest - don't need to carry.

Perhaps we should talk to Miami about their 1st round pick...

Caine

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Does anyone know...?

When all the trade talk was being bandied about earlier in the season I couldn't see any justification to let Bennett go. However after watching yesterdays game here then I'll concede that meybe we should see what we can get in a trade for him.
    I'll allow for the fact that he was injured earlier on and that he won't be fully up to speed for a while longer. However looking at him yesterday he was too hesitant behind the line of scrimmage and consequently got tackled for a loss or minimal gain. Yes he has got that 'home run' speed which is deadly if he gets the break out, but the bottom line is that he's usually too busy looking for a large hole and never gets to use it.
    Smith has got good speed for a RB, admittingly not the same as MB, but he will go for the space when he sees a chink of light. That means he can go through the LOS rather than keep running to the outside.

Tice needs to decide this week which back is going to be the main ball carrier, with Moe "mighty" Williams as the third down/short yardage back. That alternating between Bennett and Smith was annoying the hell out of me yesterday and gave no chance of continuity
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Does anyone know...?

"dan3ski" wrote:
    The reason Bennet was playing was for his ability to block and help protect Culpepper. He should be used with more screens so his speed can be used.
    Finally, someone gets it right. Good comment !

When Bennett and ROBERT Smith style runners are at their best is on the screen. Find a lane and run a straight line through it.

Onterio on 1st and 2nd down and Bennett on some 2nd downs and 3rd downs in long yd situations.

I am a little disappointed that Bennett isn't running better. I thought he would be doing better. If we have him do Running , he needs to get more carries or just use him for screens. He doesn't look good getting only limited carries.

Does anyone know...?

"AngloVike" wrote:
    When all the trade talk was being bandied about earlier in the season I couldn't see any justification to let Bennett go. However after watching yesterdays game here then I'll concede that meybe we should see what we can get in a trade for him.
    I'll allow for the fact that he was injured earlier on and that he won't be fully up to speed for a while longer. However looking at him yesterday he was too hesitant behind the line of scrimmage and consequently got tackled for a loss or minimal gain. Yes he has got that 'home run' speed which is deadly if he gets the break out, but the bottom line is that he's usually too busy looking for a large hole and never gets to use it.
    Smith has got good speed for a RB, admittingly not the same as MB, but he will go for the space when he sees a chink of light. That means he can go through the LOS rather than keep running to the outside.

Tice needs to decide this week which back is going to be the main ball carrier, with Moe "mighty" Williams as the third down/short yardage back. That alternating between Bennett and Smith was annoying the hell out of me yesterday and gave no chance of continuity
    When Moss take another defender out of the Box, you will see a different Bennett. Wait and see! I don't mind having Smith to run the 3rd and short. But Bennett needs to be in on 2nd and long and 3rd and long for screens.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Does anyone know...?

there is no way in a million years the vikings will get a first round pick for michael bennett. there is a rumor of the arizona cardinals trading for him for a 3rd round pick. really a 3rd round pick is the best the vikes are gonna get for him. teams will be more apt to taking a rb in the draft with their first or second round pick than taking an injury liability for a first rounder...sorry there, not happening. not for a first rounder.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

Does anyone know...?

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    there is no way in a million years the vikings will get a first round pick for michael bennett. there is a rumor of the arizona cardinals trading for him for a 3rd round pick. really a 3rd round pick is the best the vikes are gonna get for him. teams will be more apt to taking a rb in the draft with their first or second round pick than taking an injury liability for a first rounder...sorry there, not happening. not for a first rounder.

I would hope for 2nd but 3rd does sound more realistic. AZ Cards huh, that doesn't surprise me, Denny would know what he is working with. Has to be better than Hambrick. Emmitt will hopefully retire. I think that he wanted to pad his stats one more year.

Remember, that Ricky Williams needs a home also. There aren't a lot of teams that need a RB, well I should probably take that back, that was a small fib.

JWalk,

HOW IS GREEN FROM LAST NIGHT, WHAT IS HIS STATUS??

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Does anyone know...?

millions aside, its cant be easy to try to run full speed at 11 guys who are if they could put you out of the game espcially after injuring yourself recently. it hasnt been that long. has anyone had a major injury? know what it feels like just to walk normally afterwards? give mike a chance at least.
    you can never have too many running backs. ask miami. and WRs. and Olinemen. and fullbacks. u guys are killing me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast