Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Re: Does anyone feel the media gives the Vikings no respect?

I will quote the oldest saying in the book.

"To get respect you must earn respect"

So far I do not believe the Vikings have done much to earn the medias respect or any fans of the nFL outside of Minnesota.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    It would be nice if the media would drop the boat deal now too, other teams have way bigger issues going on now and the Vikings have change a great deal since then.
    The boat deal is comical as opposed to Dog fighting, Lamborghini Flipping, DUI arrests, Nightclub fights... etc.

The media just wants to incorporate scandal wherever they can. A bunch of slim balls.

I wonder if they will ever publish dirt about the people writing these stories... affairs, DUI's, drug habits, etc.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I will quote the oldest saying in the book.

"To get respect you must earn respect"

So far I do not believe the Vikings have done much to earn the medias respect or any fans of the nFL outside of Minnesota.
    That is BS IMHO.
    If you are referring to just last year, then OK.
    But if you look at the Vikings organization over the past four decades, I think they have done plenty to earn some respect.
    Yet the local media has been brutal to the Vikings as longs as I can remember.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"KevinK" wrote:
    I have viewed a lot of television analyst predictions that are saying the Vikings will be 7-9 or 8-8 this season.
    Really?
    You've seen TV analysts predicting 7-9 or 8-8?

That would be WONDERFUL!

Seriously.
    I haven't heard a single prognosticator saying anything above 6-10, maybe one 7-9.
    I would be reasonably pleased if the Vikings finish 8-8.
    Why?

Two games against Chicago
    San Diego
    Philadelphia
    Denver on the road
    Dallas on the road

There are six games right there that the Vikings should be underdogs in for certain...all 2006 playoff teams.
    I'm pretty much counting up six losses here, though the Vikings might surprise in one or two of them.

But if the Vikings lose all six as I suspect they will, that means they went 8-2 against the rest of their schedule.
    That includes road games against KC (always a tough place to win), the New York Giants, San Francisco and Green Bay.
    Winning two of those four would be an accomplishment.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"KevinK" wrote:
    I have viewed a lot of television analyst predictions that are saying the Vikings will be 7-9 or 8-8 this season.
    When I see our defensive starters I feel we are really solid.
    Im sure our CB's will develop and our Safties leadership will overcome the hardships from last year.
    Most of the media has GB will be second in our division and I say ... why?
    Their offense lacks worse than ours and our Defense can match up to them anyday.. IMO.
    We have had 2 years of great drafts and our defense against the run could be as good as last year.I know the blitzing of the QB will be improved with Robison and Edwards having breakout years.
    TJack could become the next Donovan Mcnabb and our RB's can match up to any in the league.

Are we judged by our special teams or our lack of coaching or something?
    Why are Detroit and 49ers getting their due for their improvments, and not us?Does the media judge the Vikings primarily on our QB situation?
    Didnt the Ravens win a superbowl with little depth in that position?
    I'd love your thoughts and thank you for reading my posts! KevinK
    There is not much that hasn't been said already but I will just throw something out there

We have great potential but not much proven talent. When a person doesn't have purple shades on they would be more apt to see that we have no proven talent in key positions over the fact that we have potential.

But that just goes for the casual fan....these so called "experts" that are paid to anilize and write about teams should realize that even if we don't have a great season this year we are still heading up. But the thing is is that they won't even admit that. They say that a team like GB (this could also go for other teams the media loves) is on the upside but when you look at them I just don't see how they can say that they are and we are not. I see us as the younger team that if a couple key players develop right within a year or two, we could be a force to reckon with for years to come. But its like they just don't want to admit that. The only way to make them believers is to go out there and win games. Even then for some reason I bet they would still find something that they would pick on. The only "expert" who admitted we could be something THIS season was Mike Mayock. Marrdro had some very good points in I believe the second reply to this thread.
    Even the local media doesn't have much good to say about the Vikes unfortunatly, which makes me sad.

I really see no reason why we couldn't take at least 2nd in the division if Jackson doesn't turn the ball over. If Jackson turns out to be really good we could be contenders. I really think the fate of this team is on Jackson which scares allot of people. But like Marrdro said...we are still pretty much a new team all around and it would actually be pretty amazing if we were a great team this year.

This team CAN be contenders this year, it makes me sad that allot of fans seem to be giving up already before the season started (not pointing out anyone on here). The reason we are the best fans in the NFL is because we were always hopefull and positive. Well don't throw away those purple shades, one of these times we will go all the way and all those years of waiting will make it that much sweeter. We are 0-0 people, we are contenders this year still.
    Go look at these "experts" prediction records. hell, I out pick most "experts" regularly. Look at there predictions and you will realize that you can't always trust their word. To many people read them like they can't guess wrong...well hopefully this year the Vikings will be one of those teams that they guessed completely wrong. They have done it sooo many times in the past, just look at the Saints last year.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"davike" wrote:
    "KevinK" wrote:
    When I see our defensive starters I feel we are really solid.
    Im sure our CB's will develop and our Safties leadership will overcome the hardships from last year.
    Most of the media has GB will be second in our division and I say ... why?
    Their offense lacks worse than ours and our Defense can match up to them anyday.. IMO.
    We have had 2 years of great drafts and our defense against the run could be as good as last year.I know the blitzing of the QB will be improved with Robison and Edwards having breakout years.
    TJack could become the next Donovan Mcnabb and our RB's can match up to any in the league.

Are we judged by our special teams or our lack of coaching or something?
    Why are Detroit and 49ers getting their due for their improvments, and not us?Does the media judge the Vikings primarily on our QB situation?
    Didnt the Ravens win a superbowl with little depth in that position?
    I'd love your thoughts and thank you for reading my posts! KevinK
    There is not much that hasn't been said already but I will just throw something out there

We have great potential but not much proven talent. When a person doesn't have purple shades on they would be more apt to see that we have no proven talent in key positions over the fact that we have potential.

But that just goes for the casual fan....these so called "experts" that are paid to anilize and write about teams should realize that even if we don't have a great season this year we are still heading up. But the thing is is that they won't even admit that. They say that a team like GB (this could also go for other teams the media loves) is on the upside but when you look at them I just don't see how they can say that they are and we are not. I see us as the younger team that if a couple key players develop right within a year or two, we could be a force to reckon with for years to come. But its like they just don't want to admit that. The only way to make them believers is to go out there and win games. Even then for some reason I bet they would still find something that they would pick on. The only "expert" who admitted we could be something THIS season was Mike Mayock. Marrdro had some very good points in I believe the second reply to this thread.
    Even the local media doesn't have much good to say about the Vikes unfortunatly, which makes me sad.

I really see no reason why we couldn't take at least 2nd in the division if Jackson doesn't turn the ball over. If Jackson turns out to be really good we could be contenders. I really think the fate of this team is on Jackson which scares allot of people. But like Marrdro said...we are still pretty much a new team all around and it would actually be pretty amazing if we were a great team this year.

This team CAN be contenders this year, it makes me sad that allot of fans seem to be giving up already before the season started (not pointing out anyone on here). The reason we are the best fans in the NFL is because we were always hopefull and positive. Well don't throw away those purple shades, one of these times we will go all the way and all those years of waiting will make it that much sweeter. We are 0-0 people, we are contenders this year still.
    Go look at these "experts" prediction records. hell, I out pick most "experts" regularly. Look at there predictions and you will realize that you can't always trust their word. To many people read them like they can't guess wrong...well hopefully this year the Vikings will be one of those teams that they guessed completely wrong. They have done it sooo many times in the past, just look at the Saints last year.
    Hell of a post dude.

I was going to reply to this thread but after reading what you said I can't remember what my reply was.
    -Sno

I most definantly get that feeling. as I mentioned before, Rod woodson of "total access" has the 'Vikes finishing dead last in the North! Also, I have seen so called season previews showing green gay's defense as being ranked as much as 7 spots higher than the 'Vikes D.
    Tuco the world.....

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    I most definantly get that feeling. as I mentioned before, Rod woodson of "total access" has the 'Vikes finishing dead last in the North! Also, I have seen so called season previews showing green gay's defense as being ranked as much as 7 spots higher than the 'Vikes D.
    Its pathetic!! How can they possibly look our D and their D in any intelligent manner and come up with that?! Look at our D last year and our guys, they have more experience we should have an even better D then last year and our pass D should be solid with the new schemes and a better pass rush. We can only possibly be better and we had the 8th D last year.....just a bunch of haters
    :

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

What I think will be interesting is how all these national announcers treat the Vikings as they broadcast their games. Are they going to be as "anti-Vikes" in the booth as they are in their columns. The guy I'd really love to see eat his words is Patrick Ruesse of the Star/Tribune.
    I hope they all have to eat their words.
    One thing you can put your last dollar on is that if the Vikes win they will say something like: "I would have been a different game if Vick had been playing."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

I don't know what it is. If you check out nfl.com, there is a story about how alex smith and the 49er,s are poised to make a run at the seahawks and claim the division!! C'mon!Alex smith!! Ya the guy has some talent, but so does TJack. whenever I check out the season previews, I can't help but see Rodney Dangerfiesld in a purple sport jacket shrugging his shoulders and saying you no what! I like to get the usa today the friday before the season starts and look at the "Previews". I bet they have the "Vikes dead last in the North. Hate to beat a dead horse, but won't it be great when they reel off a few wins and you see the same a-holes saying "I told you so, i knew the Vikings were gonna suprise a few people." Also, I really have to get the 'Vikes announcers for the games. I cannot stand the national announcers. I have to hear some home team love for the games. As it is know, I hit mute during most of the plays and listen to Yanni.
    ;D Just kidding.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast