Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Does anyone else see that the Favre watch is fill

Does anyone else see that the "Favre watch" is fill for idiotic press trying to fill a couple of minutes on TV or a few lines in print...Its not like he seeks it out its all these boneheads asking every player first right off the bat when is Favre making up his mind. Im sure it gets old to players and coaches a like but its not favre doing it, its the reporters....Its all manufactured BS

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Does anyone else see that the Favre watch is fill

Absolutely.

Although, Favre knows fully well that by taking his time, there will be a Favre watch. If he wanted to minimize media exposure, he'd come out and say "I'm doing _____________" or "On July 20th I will have an answer"

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Who is to say he hasnt already told the answer to those that matter Zygi and Brad

Blog Entries

until he tells the media, he knows that the whole circus will continue to follow him.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Does anyone else see that the Favre watch is fill

soonerbornNbred wrote:
    Does anyone else see that the "Favre watch" is fill for idiotic press trying to fill a couple of minutes on TV or a few lines in print...Its not like he seeks it out its all these boneheads asking every player first right off the bat when is Favre making up his mind. Im sure it gets old to players and coaches a like but its not favre doing it, its the reporters....Its all manufactured BS
    Yup, the Favre watch, preseason sound bites from players and coaches, and all the pre-camp/preseason projections that go along with it...they're ALL media fill.

Let's face it, aside from Free Agent signings, there is no REAL NFL news right now. No one is going to tell anyone what they really feel - unless they want to get cut or traded (Bobby Wade). And since the hacks have to fill they're columns with something, they push this crap off on us...

...so that Marrdro can have something in print that validates his belief in Jackson...

Caine

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

It's just another story for the off season. If it wasn't Favre watch, it would be a heavier dose of all the holdouts, Chris J, Reaves, V Jackson, etc.. Plus doses of Vick, which I personally find hilarious and embarassing for the NFL.

What do you want Favre to do, make a decision not to come back, then change his mind like he did last year

Or just wait till he is certain.

The only downside to him not declaring is "Favre Watch", but IMO all the players that get some TV time are glad for it.

There is also the upside as TJ says "he's gets more reps". TJ getting better is definitely NOT a bad thing.

Plus if the Vikes are in the news then the cowpies aren't.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Blog Entries

As much as it pains me, it seems like the Vikes have almost become the Cowboys of the NFC.

Think back 5 years ago. Who would have 10+ probowlers regularly? Who was constantly in the news, constantly in interviews, etc?

Now, we've got tonnes of probowlers, our players are constantly being interviewed, doing chats, etc. They have vikingscam on it seems every couple days on NFLTA, as opposed to maybe once a month. And the Favre watch.

I don't mind, since I get a daily dose of Vikings.

kalamazooer10 is offline Training Camp

I think I'm going to lean towards the "blame Farve" side of this. We went thru this last summer. Why would he think anything would be any different this time around? It's like blaming the police report for everyone knowing that you're a shoplifter. Brett's "I really don't know" answer has gotten old.2nd verse, same as the 1st. "I really don't know what I'm going to do" is the same as" I'll know alot more once some of those 2 a days are over". I'm one that believes that we need him to return if we're going to compete for a championship. I also believe that it can't help a coaching staff at all to be held hostage by the starting QB. I just can't see how it does any good.
    None

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

kalamazooer10 wrote:
    I think I'm going to lean towards the "blame Farve" side of this. We went thru this last summer. Why would he think anything would be any different this time around? It's like blaming the police report for everyone knowing that you're a shoplifter. Brett's "I really don't know" answer has gotten old.2nd verse, same as the 1st. "I really don't know what I'm going to do" is the same as" I'll know alot more once some of those 2 a days are over". I'm one that believes that we need him to return if we're going to compete for a championship. I also believe that it can't help a coaching staff at all to be held hostage by the starting QB. I just can't see how it does any good.
    If it was really hurting the team/coaching staff they wouldn't do it. Who really cares if he or other solid playing vetrans miss camp. do you really think he/they will learn anything in training camp that they haven't already seen.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Is it the media or Favre? Well let's see is the media talking about Manning, Brady, McNabb, Brees, etc etc. No, then I have to say it's Favre. Not putting Favre down for it, but he is clearly the reason, even if the media goes overboard.

I do worry about other veterans following Favres lead. I'm not sure the team will be as ready as they could be if Pat Williams, Ryan Longwell, Winfield and all other vets decide they don't need to practice.

I don't think Favre feeds into it, but it is what it is. Now if he came out with an Allen Iverson style "practice" rant then I would be a bit more negative. I don't think media speculation is really harmfull to the team or anyone else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast