Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    68

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    I agree there are plenty of better corners out there..Hey at least we dont have to start McCauley again this season..

    Just wait till we get Williams back at saftey and things should be looking a little better for our CBs
    THAT OLD LADY IS NOT ME..HAHA

  2. #12
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    well let me try to put this in a way that in very in depth.


    yes.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  3. #13
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    he played amazing week one... shitty week two but i still like him

  4. #14
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    Griffin usually has pretty tight coverage on WRs, however I notice he loses the battle on a lot of contested catches and needs to work on his ball skills.
    It seems WRs always come down with the catch despite him being right with them.

    I don't know what defense was called on the Gonzalez lateral play, but something leads me to believe that Tyrell Johnson had deep coverage and was late coming over.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  5. #15
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Griffin usually has pretty tight coverage on WRs, however I notice he loses the battle on a lot of contested catches and needs to work on his ball skills.
    It seems WRs always come down with the catch despite him being right with them.


    I don't know what defense was called on the Gonzalez lateral play, but something leads me to believe that Tyrell Johnson had deep coverage and was late coming over.
    That is the key.
    He needs to work on those ball skills every day in practice.
    Many of the plays where Griffin is gouged for yardage is a result of him being in great position to make a play, yet he cannot finish.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  6. #16
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Griffin usually has pretty tight coverage on WRs, however I notice he loses the battle on a lot of contested catches and needs to work on his ball skills.
    It seems WRs always come down with the catch despite him being right with them.


    I don't know what defense was called on the Gonzalez lateral play, but something leads me to believe that Tyrell Johnson had deep coverage and was late coming over.
    That is the key.
    He needs to work on those ball skills every day in practice.
    Many of the plays where Griffin is gouged for yardage is a result of him being in great position to make a play, yet he cannot finish.
    In training camp, he was making great plays i think he can be really good for us

  7. #17
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    Griffin doesnt get burnt one on one unless he he in a jump ball situation

    The reason people think Griffin gets burnt is because we run alot of zone and that leaves holes.. They throw it over on his side and people assume it was a blown coverage by Griffin

    I would like to see more man to man and more jamming at the line

    If we could get more pressure from our talented line then it would work perfect

  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    Oh and I do think Cedric will be really good

    Our schemes just blow all the way around though

  9. #19
    ragz's Avatar
    ragz is offline GM
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,114

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    "V4L" wrote:
    Oh and I do think Cedric will be really good

    Our schemes just blow all the way around though
    it's true, i've talked about it with my brother for the last 2 years.
    i understand you have a system that you run, but if you dont have the personel to run correctly you make the adjustments necessary to get the best product.
    belicheck has had a variety of different offenses and defenses during their run here becuz he adjusted to his personel.
    offensively and defensively we have had the same problems since childress has been coach.
    what do you make of that?
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

    I haven't been impresses by him but then again I haven't been impressed with our secondary in general for about 15 years. We switch personnel and get similar results so I am not really ready to pin the plame on a particular player as much as a systematic failure spanning 3 regimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. cedric griffin.......
    By DublinOhioMike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
  2. Cedric Griffin getting schooled
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 05:51 PM
  3. Cedric Griffin Picture....
    By IBleedPurple11 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 01:21 PM
  4. Cedric Griffin: The hit man
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
  5. Cedric Griffin
    By Webbigale2002 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 09:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •