Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    mamaluke is offline Starter

Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like this guy couldn't cover a one legged man in high heels. Geeezzuuusss Christmas, every time I get to see a Vikings game here in New Jersey it seems like this guy is getting toasted. For every decent play he makes it seems like he gets burnt five times over. The guy has not had a interception since 2006. I just wanted to see if anyone felt the same. It seems like he has managed to avoid the criticism so far. Big crap, he returned a fumble for a TD last year and he showboated like he was the pimp of the year. I think we need to get someone else over there on that corner. Doesn't look like we have much to choose from at the moment. Thank God Winfield and Sharper are in the secondary for now.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Does anyone else out there think Cedric Griffin blows?

I don't have any major problems with him.
    He had a reasonably good season last year.
    Personally, I think he fits his role nicely and he's going into his prime in his third year.
    I guess I may just overlook him sometimes because I keep thinking there are other glaring issues that I focus on during the game.
    Who would you want in his place?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

right now he seems iffy.

but give him a couple years and we could maybe see the next al harris?

thats my prediction for the future of this cornerback

mamaluke is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:
    Personally, I think he fits his role nicely and he's going into his prime in his third year.
    I guess I may just overlook him sometimes because I keep thinking there are other glaring issues that I focus on during the game.
    Good question, as I mentioned we don't have many options. Gordon, McCauley, Sapp. It just seems like the guy gets burnt too damn much in my opinion, an interception at least once a year would be nice as well. I agree with you about the other glaring (God knows we have a few) issues, but I also feel they have taken some of the attention away from this guy. Anyway, just wanted to add what I thought. It never fails, every game I get to see I notice Griffin giving up a big play (Example: Colt's Gonzalez getting about 10 yards behind him) or playing too soft.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"mamaluke" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Good question, as I mentioned we don't have many options. Gordon, McCauley, Sapp. It just seems like the guy gets burnt too damn much in my opinion, an interception at least once a year would be nice as well. I agree with you about the other glaring (God knows we have a few) issues, but I also feel they have taken some of the attention away from this guy. Anyway, just wanted to add what I thought. It never fails, every game I get to see I notice Griffin giving up a big play (Example: Colt's Gonzalez getting about 10 yards behind him) or playing too soft.
    I also have an issue of playing too soft by the backs on some plays.
    They appear to be playing a little closer this year than last.
    The supposed shoring up of the D by pressuring the QB and not just stopping the run will take a little time to come together, personally, I see them on the right track with a solid D.
    Now, if the O could just score some points when the D is allowing <20.
    Should be wins racking up, not Ls.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"mamaluke" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    He didn't get any help from Tyrell Johnson.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

I said this before of Griffin here on PP.O. He just looks, and plays more like a Safety to me. He gives up alot of space, because he can get beat deep. Tough tackler don't get me wrong, but he looks more like a Safety to me. He first started at Safety at Texas, but later moved to CB.

ALL DAY!!!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

We drafted Griffin because he is big and because we run/ran the Cover 2 and the CBs are supposed to jam the receiver at the LOS in that defense. What bothers me is that Griffin let's the WR "skate" on by him, without jamming him.

So yes, I do think that stinks.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"marstc09" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    He didn't get any help for Tyrell Johnson.
    That is the true culprit. The corner is supposed to pass the WR off to the Saftey when they get deep. A 50 yard play in the air is on the saftey, not the corner.

Good post.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

griffin has made some good plays, but ever since he came into the league, he has been terribly inconsistent..however, tyrell johnson is doing all he can to make griffin look even worse right now..johnson is a rookie, and he wasnt supposed to start, so il cut him some slack, but the guy has just been terrible at safety so far
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast