Does Anyone Else Feel...

That whenever Favre throws the ball deep, Rice'll catch it no matter what?

Sure seemed that way for the past two games... Hopefully the streak continues!

BTW, this is my first post here even though I talked to A LOT of you guys in the live chat on Sunday.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!! :woohoo:

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Does Anyone Else Feel...

Me too, but Favre keeps trying to get the ball in Berrian's hands on deep routes. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to work nearly as good as when he throws it in the direction of Sidney Rice.

It looks like Favre is forcing it a little too much to Berrian, when in fact Sidney Rice clearly is in the zone this season, and him and Favre seem to have a very good chemistry.

It doesn't surprise me though. Favre have had more time to work with Rice than any other receiver on the roster. Berrian was hurt for a large part of the beginning of the season.

Favre, please keep throwing it to Sidney Rice! Good things always happen.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I feel like he is forcing it to Rice.

It has worked so far, cross fingers that it continues.

Sharper is going to try to bait Favre and then go to Rice for the pick. Favre needs to keep throwing it on a rope.

I have heard talk today about how Williams (Def Co) will try to take Rice out of the game. That means that we will have a chance to run with AD.

Rice has done an awesome job catching the ball all season. In Rice we trust.

About Berrian, I think that he might be a secret weapon, not downfield, but in that screne or short pass game. He can catch and turn on the burners. He looks like the hammy is not bothering him. He had a nice burst on that short pass, almost split the defenders.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Favre @ Rice = Sexy TD.

In the playoffs....

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

On the deep pass, I feel good when I see single coverage on Rice and no help in sight.

I hope Favre can pump fake Sharper on a double move route. It will be an interesting match up. Sharper knows Favre, but the Vikings coaches know Sharper.

Berrian has to allow more cushion to the sideline on fly (streak, up, ...) routes. He gets jammed out of bounds or forces Favre to throw the ball out of the field of play.

VikingsDoll is offline Training Camp

Brazilian Rider wrote:
    That whenever Favre throws the ball deep, Rice'll catch it no matter what?

Sure seemed that way for the past two games... Hopefully the streak continues!

BTW, this is my first post here even though I talked to A LOT of you guys in the live chat on Sunday.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!! :woohoo:
    Hi Brazilian! It was so nice chatting with you on Sunday---what a game huh?? Nice to see you posting now. Have a good day and GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!! Cant' wait for next Sunday.
    None

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Minniman wrote:
    On the deep pass, I feel good when I see single coverage on Rice and no help in sight.

I hope Favre can pump fake Sharper on a double move route. It will be an interesting match up. Sharper knows Favre, but the Vikings coaches know Sharper.

Berrian has to allow more cushion to the sideline on fly (streak, up, ...) routes. He gets jammed out of bounds or forces Favre to throw the ball out of the field of play.

Sharper has had some good games against Favre when he was with the Vikes and it is my biggest fear going into this game that Sharper jumps a route and goes in for a TD at a critical time.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

whackthepack wrote:
    Minniman wrote:

Sharper has had some good games against Favre when he was with the Vikes and it is my biggest fear going into this game that Sharper jumps a route and goes in for a TD at a critical time.
    Actually, according to my research, in 8 career games against Favre (2005-2008), Sharper has 1 pick for 0 yards.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!