Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Do you trust him?

    Backups I could trust for a game or 2 (not to lead a season tho)

    Matt "fookin" Schaub
    Jeff Garcia
    Gus Frerotte (sp)
    Joey Harrington
    Trent Dilfer
    Josh McCown
    Cutler???
    T-Jack???

  2. #12
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Do you trust him?

    figure he won't be elevated unless somewhere in the practices say 5 games in he surpass's T.j

    we'll have to see yet if trust is the word id use. we do have a history of back up qb's coming on stronger then the starters.

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Do you trust him?

    "olson_10" wrote:
    isnt Jackson still the backup? he hasnt done anything to lose the #2 job, and Bollinger hasnt done anything to earn it
    Bollinger has more experience & was probably brought in to be #2 while T-Jack gets more experienced & knowledgable.

    If Childress had T-Jack penciled in as number two, he probably wouldn't have brought in Feely or signed Bollinger & would have kept the less suckier of McMahon or O'Sullivan as 3rd.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    fishbelly is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10

    Re: Do you trust him?

    I'm just glad we don't have to count on McMahon to come in off the bench. He had to be one of the worst in the league. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that the O line keeps BJ's jersey clean for the season!

  5. #15
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Do you trust him?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    isnt Jackson still the backup? he hasnt done anything to lose the #2 job, and Bollinger hasnt done anything to earn it
    Bollinger has more experience & was probably brought in to be #2 while T-Jack gets more experienced & knowledgable.

    If Childress had T-Jack penciled in as number two, he probably wouldn't have brought in Feely or signed Bollinger & would have kept the less suckier of McMahon or O'Sullivan as 3rd.
    Eactly right.

    At Wisconsin, Brooks was a decent QB in a run-happy system.
    With the Jets, he was a decent QB in a bad system.
    Also, considering that he was their 3rd stringer and forced to start, I'd say he didn't do too bad.

    Give the guy a chance before you lynch him.

    Caine


  6. #16
    sodaknick's Avatar
    sodaknick is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    195

    Re: Do you trust him?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    isnt Jackson still the backup? he hasnt done anything to lose the #2 job, and Bollinger hasnt done anything to earn it
    Bollinger has more experience & was probably brought in to be #2 while T-Jack gets more experienced & knowledgable.

    If Childress had T-Jack penciled in as number two, he probably wouldn't have brought in Feely or signed Bollinger & would have kept the less suckier of McMahon or O'Sullivan as 3rd.
    Let's just hope that Bollinger is even less suckier than either of them (I know he is, I just wanted to repest the phrase "less suckier").

  7. #17
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Do you trust him?

    I watched a few Jets games and BB sucks. But he doesnt suck as bad ad JT and Mc suck.

    Didnt we waste like 600,000 on Mc? Another bad couching blunder.

  8. #18
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Do you trust him?

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I watched a few Jets games and BB sucks. But he doesnt suck as bad ad JT and Mc suck.

    Didnt we waste like 600,000 on Mc? Another bad couching blunder.
    Do you think it's unique to try people out and have them fail?
    Maybe your title should be, "Chicken Little".

  9. #19
    coachdags is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6

    Re: Do you trust him?

    Both Childress and Bevell have a long relationship with Brooks, a Fierce competitor, with Heart, Guts and Smarts. He will fit in perfect in Brad's system. Manage the game and may plays when the oppurtunity presents itself.

    He has always been a winner, makes the players around him better....

    The JETS were horrible last year, with injuries and "Brooks kept them in all there games ,but one that he started.

  10. #20
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Do you trust him?

    "coachdags" wrote:
    Both Childress and Bevell have a long relationship with Brooks, a Fierce competitor, with Heart, Guts and Smarts. He will fit in perfect in Brad's system. Manage the game and may plays when the oppurtunity presents itself.

    He has always been a winner, makes the players around him better....

    The JETS were horrible last year, with injuries and "Brooks kept them in all there games ,but one that he started.
    Isn't that what everyone here was saying about Mike McMahon prior to training camp?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For Vikings, trust a must
    By Physio-Impossibility70 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. When it comes to NFL talk, trust no one
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 07:02 AM
  3. Shanahan has no trust in Trusty.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 01:20 PM
  4. In the Fros We Trust!
    By Mr. Purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 05:30 AM
  5. Why I trust our FO on the Williamson pick
    By muchluv4smoot in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 07:50 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •