Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Do you think Sharper will make the Hall of Fame?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Marr... players in the nfl who make the HOF, don't go in with a certain team like they do in other sports.
    They make the HOF as a player, and list all the teams they've played for, not just one specific team.
    meaning if he were to make it, it would be Darren Sharper, HOF Safety, who played for the Packers and Vikings, not Packer Safety Darren Sharper.
    Get my drift?
    I did not know that was how it worked.
    But you are right.
    I looked up Gary ZImmerman's bio and it lists both the Vikings and the Broncos.
    Thanks for the info!

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=259
    Yup I love that about the NFL HoF.
    I first found that out when I was kind of looking into it due to the whole Cris Carter thing, cracking jokes about him going in as a Dolphin or whatever.. but then I looked into and yes, as he said in the NFL, you go into the NFL as a player, not part of a team

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Problem for me is that I won't get excited if he does as he will probably go in as a Packer.

Very hard for me to like guys on the team that came from PUKER land no matter how good there are or what they do for the team.
    :'(
    I Don't Know about that.
    He's going end up playing a lot of years with the Vikings, and he left the Packers basically because the Packers didn't have any faith left in him.

I think the Vikings could solve the whole problem by just winning the SB.
    ;D
    That way we know who he'd retire with.
    If we won a SB with Sharper, Fergy and Longwell on the team I would forgive them
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Problem for me is that I won't get excited if he does as he will probably go in as a Packer.

Very hard for me to like guys on the team that came from PUKER land no matter how good there are or what they do for the team.
    I Don't Know about that.
    He's going end up playing a lot of years with the Vikings, and he left the Packers basically because the Packers didn't have any faith left in him.

;D
    If we won a SB with Sharper, Fergy and Longwell on the team I would forgive them
    ;D
    but would the sheep forgive them?

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I Don't Know about that.

;D

;D
    but would the sheep forgive them?
    Well played my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bono is offline Hall of Famer

It would be nice if he did. But, at this point, I think he's gonna have to stay in the league a little longer and really SOUND OFF (playing wise) and cause a storm on the fields of the NFL, in order for that to happen. Did T.D. (Terrell Davis from the Denver Broncos) ever get in the H.O.F.? I remember a while back, sports' ppl were discussing him and asking the question whether or not he -- of all players -- deserved to be in there...folks weren't too sure. And remember, this guy was one of the premiere RBs of his time! Helped win the super bowl for the Broncos against the Packers that one year. I say all that, to say this: if T.D.'s place in the H.O.F. is questionable, I'm sure w/o a doubt that Darren Sharper's will be.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"bono" wrote:
    It would be nice if he did. But, at this point, I think he's gonna have to stay in the league a little longer and really SOUND OFF (playing wise) and cause a storm on the fields of the NFL, in order for that to happen. Did T.D. (Terrell Davis from the Denver Broncos) ever get in the H.O.F.? I remember a while back, sports' ppl were discussing him and asking the question whether or not he -- of all players -- deserved to be in there...folks weren't too sure. And remember, this guy was one of the premiere RBs of his time! Helped win the super bowl for the Broncos against the Packers that one year. I say all that, to say this: if T.D.'s place in the H.O.F. is questionable, I'm sure w/o a doubt that Darren Sharper's will be.
    Chris Carter didn't get into the Hall of Fame. To me the HoF is a complete joke, bunch of idiots voting based on some crazy criteria that has nothing to do with football.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Chris Carter didn't get into the Hall of Fame. To me the HoF is a complete joke, bunch of idiots voting based on some crazy criteria that has nothing to do with football.
    at times, thats very true.

Carter not making it is a slight against God imo

- Dan Calabrese

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Most HoFs are just factories to vote in all the big market players anyways.
    It's only if you are a Kirby Puckett type player you get voted in from a midwest team.
    Heck Burt Blyleven who's in the top ten in so many pitching categories and has rings can't get voted in.
    The current systems are so dumb.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I Don't Know about that.

;D
    ;D
    What would be even better is Ferguson catching a pass to tie up the game & Longwell kicking the go ahead point with the PAT.

Then as the final seconds were winding down, Sharper picks one off & takes it to the house to seal the deal.

It looks good posting it here, but I live in Cheesdick land & I know exactly how it will go down..........

The Packer fans will say the only reason we won a Super Bowl is because we had 3 ex-Packers on our team & without them, we would have lost.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I Don't Know about that.

;D
    ;D

What would be even better is Ferguson catching a pass to tie up the game & Longwell kicking the go ahead point with the PAT.

Then as the final seconds were winding down, Sharper picks one off & takes it to the house to seal the deal.

It looks good posting it here, but I live in Cheesdick land & I know exactly how it will go down..........

The Packer fans will say the only reason we won a Super Bowl is because we had 3 ex-Packers on our team & without them, we would have lost.
    Nah, i think the topper would be in the NFC championship game vs. the Packers.
    Pack is up 21-20, with the ball and :45 left.
    Its 3rd and 4 at their own 40.
    A first down would end the game.
    Rogers tries to throw for the first, its tipped..... and intercepted by Sharper who runs out of bounds at the Packers 40.
    :32 left.
    A run by AD is stuffed, ball is spiked, :11 left Ferguson makes a tiptoe sideline catch at the 31. :06 left.
    Longwell lines up for the 48 yard attempt.
    Ball is snapped.... Kick has the distance... but bounces off the upright!!
    But oh no!! at the very last second, McCarthy called a timeout to try to freeze the kicker.
    One last chance.
    Ball is snapped, Pin is down, Kick is long and straight.... And its GOOD!!!!!..
    Vikes go on to win the superbowl

How many heart attacks do you think that would cause?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast