Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Articnv is offline Coach

Re: Do you think Red McComb was a successful NFL Owner?

froma bussiness standpoint he did well in his invest at teh cost of guttign every thign he could. If u did that ina reaL COMPANY THERE DESTINY TO FAIL.

NFL stand point - we are failing due to said reason above. we won dispite him not cause of him and he sold teh team just in team as he gutted the offinisve due to not ponying up keeping linhan.

Overall IMO he failed

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Nope.

But as an "asshat", then yes!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Nope, he was a HORRIBLE owner all around.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He made 200 million dollars and got to have the best seats and watch a great team for 8 years or so, so yes. That lucky b@stard!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Just because he sold the team for a nice profit doesn't make him a successful owner. The growth and appeal of the league overall was what enabled him to make a profit on the sale. He failed miserably in what he could have created in terms of value from this franchise. The single-most important issue facing this franchise is the new stadium proposal - if you don't believe me, check out how much time and effort Zygi's is investing into it. It was Red's single-most important task as the owner of this team to spearhead a successful stadium effort and he screwed it up almost single-handedly - I refuse to blame it on the politicians or the community. The last analysis I read placed the Vikings dead last in terms of franchise value of the 32 teams (that was either in SI or ESPN the mag). That doesn't sound like success to me.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

We were last in value because they take into account the stadium. Since we have the worst stadium we are worth the least.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

tosstomoss is offline Starter

Vikes
    Sorry to make you feel like your question was not the best, it just seems to me a question that is not worth asking. he bought the team to make money, kept the lowest paying coaching staff, Failed to spend money on the team for the better of the team, made $200 million on the hard working people and fans. We are the ones who supported the team more then RED. Sorry the more I think of your question " It is a question not to ask" Again sorry for being blunt :roll:

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Answer=NO

A good question is one in which the answer is not obvious or a question to which you don't really already know the answer. I think you already knew what the answer to this question is considering the volumes written on it over the last few years. Red ran this team into the ground. His own personal profit means nothing in terms of success. A successful owner leaves the team better than when he found it. :wink:

WWBGD

I think it all depends on how your define "success." Which I think somebody already posted, so nevermind. lol

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

we did get to the nfc championship a couple of times and he made a lot of money with his tight-a$$, penny-pinching ways that are hurting us now!!! i think he was successful

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast