Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    missvikes is offline Training Camp

Do you think he'll change his mind by Sunday?

Or keep McNabb in for AZ? On paper it looks like a "sure win" BUT,

It's all over every sports website, Especially NFL.com. "Start the Ponder Era. Bench McNabb" Does Frazier really think it's worth going over McNabb tapes week after week to try and fix something to have something else wrong emerge from McNabb. In my opinion put Ponder in for the "sure win" game & see what he has & try to build a little confidence in him now before the Bears & Green Bay.

there should be a "smiley" here beating his head against a wall. that's the one I would choose right now
    SKOL!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Frazier already said he is going with McChunky for the game...

inkedgeek is offline Waterboy
    I am hoping we don't end up with the same situation Denver Donkeys have. I would however like to beable to get behind a quarterback that my be around awhile

Gift2 is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by missvikes View Post
    Or keep McNabb in for AZ? On paper it looks like a "sure win"
    What? A sure win for Arizona? I don't know what this means.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13700&dateline=131777  2416

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Do you think he'll change his mind by Sunday?
    Nope!

Like was said on Mike & Mike this morning, if you give the reins over to Ponder at this point in the season, then it appears to the Minnesotans that you've given up on the season.

That is an impression you don't want to give to Minnesotans & legislatures when you're trying to get a new stadium.

There's a certain amount of truth to that.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Nope!

Like was said on Mike & Mike this morning, if you give the reins over to Ponder at this point in the season, then it appears to the Minnesotans that you've given up on the season.

That is an impression you don't want to give to Minnesotans & legislatures when you're trying to get a new stadium.

There's a certain amount of truth to that.
    Very true. Plus, if McNabb were the #1 problem, then I see trying another direction, but he's not. He's not playing that well, but he's far from our biggest problem.

It all starts with the line. If they could learn to block, we'd be in a better position. There is next to no push at the line, we're losing the trench wars, and if you don't win at the LOS, it's tough to win a game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Very true. Plus, if McNabb were the #1 problem, then I see trying another direction, but he's not. He's not playing that well, but he's far from our biggest problem.

It all starts with the line. If they could learn to block, we'd be in a better position. There is next to no push at the line, we're losing the trench wars, and if you don't win at the LOS, it's tough to win a game.
    I can't single out just the OL. Last week there were several times where McNabb had ample time & he still threw off target. I think we'll see DA get more playing time than BB & I believe we'll be getting K-Rud more involved as well. Even if it's a bad pass from McNabb, his golden hands grab & hang onto damn near anything.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I can't single out just the OL. Last week there were several times where McNabb had ample time & he still threw off target. I think we'll see DA get more playing time than BB & I believe we'll be getting K-Rud more involved as well. Even if it's a bad pass from McNabb, his golden hands grab & hang onto damn near anything.
    Very true, It's also not JUST the OL, but I look at them as the #1 priority for us.

They have played consistently awful all season Long, McNabb has been below average to ok, but alot of his performance will be directly affected by whether or not the OL can protect.

If we can't run, and McNabb is getting hit, we're not winning footballg ames.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Very true, It's also not JUST the OL, but I look at them as the #1 priority for us.

They have played consistently awful all season Long, McNabb has been below average to ok, but alot of his performance will be directly affected by whether or not the OL can protect.

If we can't run, and McNabb is getting hit, we're not winning footballg ames.
    McNabb is McNabb. Wildly inaccurate, out of shape, and simply a place holder for Ponder.

The OL should be the number one priority, and since it wasn't, Frazier is protecting Ponder right now.

He's letting Ponder learn as much as he can without taking a pounding, all the while hoping the line will gel.

I think you will see Ponder on the field about game 9 of the season.

There will be an instant improvement in the team simply based on his accurate passing.

I can't wait to see him out there but don't want to rush it only to see him injured.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I tend to agree on most counts. Frazier will not change his mind, and he should not at this point. Doing so would be an terrible sign of weakness. Ponder will get his chance unless DM magically catches fire starting very soon. Probably, as smegmavike has said (as well as me, in another thread) around the midpoint.

Singer is right, too. Making the change now sends a strong signal that the staff has given up on the season. The fans are already depressed enough, between the poor performances and the stadium issue. Signs that the management are giving up could lead to a significant rise in the local suicide rate. It sends the wrong message.

The kid will get his shot. Just not quite yet. 8 games or so will be plenty of time to evaluate him and decide whether to keep him or move on.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast