Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Do you suppose...

That the Steelers coming out with a no-huddle and some "trick" plays was the idea of the Steelers coaches or the VIKINGS COACHES?
    Is it possible Tomlin asked the Steelers to do something like that so he could test his defense and show them they weren't as good as they think they are?
    I know this may be a stretch but I think in pre-season games coaches talk with one another before the games and try to get the opposing team to test some things for them.
    ???
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Do you suppose...

Nope, thats just how the steelers complete passes.

And play-action of course.

Prophet Guest

Coj, did Singer send you some of those plants he tore up out of Ned's yard?

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    That the Steelers coming out with a no-huddle and some "trick" plays was the idea of the Steelers coaches or the VIKINGS COACHES?
    Is it possible Tomlin asked the Steelers to do something like that so he could test his defense and show them they weren't as good as they think they are?
    I know this may be a stretch but I think in pre-season games coaches talk with one another before the games and try to get the opposing team to test some things for them.
    ???
    you laugh, I know its not at that level, but when my son was playing Freshman football..The opposing coach came over to our sidelines, and proceded to tell our coach that he had a OL on his team with an "attitude"..and to "rough" him up a bit. The coach of our team proceded to tell my son of this situation, seeing that he was the DL on that side..the 1st series of downs, my son ran over this kid (who was about 6'3 and about 275) and sacked the QB. A few plays later this kid came out to run block, my son stepped to the side, grabbed his shoulder pads, and threw him face first into the ground..That kid never made it onto the field after that 1st set of down. I never laughed so hard before..so yes..that stuff does happen.

Rastak is offline Rookie

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ???

you laugh, I know its not at that level, but when my son was playing Freshman football..The opposing coach came over to our sidelines, and proceded to tell our coach that he had a OL on his team with an "attitude"..and to "rough" him up a bit. The coach of our team proceded to tell my son of this situation, seeing that he was the DL on that side..the 1st series of downs, my son ran over this kid (who was about 6'3 and about 275) and sacked the QB. A few plays later this kid came out to run block, my son stepped to the side, grabbed his shoulder pads, and threw him face first into the ground..That kid never made it onto the field after that 1st set of down. I never laughed so hard before..so yes..that stuff does happen.

Ummmm, not at this level.

Childress: Hey, Coach Spitball, could you run a no huddle on the first series so we can practice against it.

Spitball: <click>

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

OK, OK, I know it sounds far-fetched. But I remember during the scrimmage with KC over the past few years the coaches talked to one another about trying this thing and that against their team. Now I realize that was a scrimmage -- different from pre-season, but I still don't think my idea is that far-fetched.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

On the scale of far-fetchedness, this is nothing compared to some of the things I have read and wrote on this site.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

If this were true did the the Packers talk to the Chargers before the game and tell them to send everything through the center of ther O'line to rock Favre.
    Or did they talk to the Falcons and ask them to go easy on them ???

Prophet Guest

It's a conspiracy.
    Ron Mexico is being protected by the league and this just proves it.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's a conspiracy.
    Ron Mexico is being protected by the league and this just proves it.
    You have a point there and this would help explain how he got his brother on a team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast