Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    pigskinronin is offline Starter

Re: Do you plan on watching Vikes/Chargers?

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    i heard that tice wanted to attempt a lot of field goals so its not our offense stalling its just so tice can decide on who to choose as kicker.
    I'm sure the Vikings' coaching staff wanted to see more of the kickers, but I doubt they purposely stalled so they could decide who the kicker was going to be. Not much of a contest when one kicker gets all the field goal attempts. Besides, why risk your starting offense for almost 2 quarters for a kicking contest?

Viking starting offense moved the ball well, but the drives always seemed to fizzle. Their best opportunity came in the red zone, but a Culpepper fumble and a couple of imcompletes killed that one.

Williamson's catch was a nice one: fly pattern down the sideline (single coverage). The defender was stride-for-stride, Williamson stopped... jumped and made a sweet catch. He fell on his side/back just in bounds. The play was challenged and was ruled a completion in bounds.

The Vikings starting defense did well against the Chargers 2nd team offense, not allowing a score. The Bolts starting offense played one series (minus their two main weapons in Tomilson and Gates) and moved the ball easily for a TD. Looked like the Vikes had a few miscues in that series.

Overall the Vikes pass rush looked better.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Thanks

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    i heard that tice wanted to attempt a lot of field goals so its not our offense stalling its just so tice can decide on who to choose as kicker.
    I'm sure the Vikings' coaching staff wanted to see more of the kickers, but I doubt they purposely stalled so they could decide who the kicker was going to be. Not much of a contest when one kicker gets all the field goal attempts. Besides, why risk your starting offense for almost 2 quarters for a kicking contest?

Viking starting offense moved the ball well, but the drives always seemed to fizzle. Their best opportunity came in the red zone, but a Culpepper fumble and a couple of imcompletes killed that one.

Williamson's catch was a nice one: fly pattern down the sideline (single coverage). The defender was stride-for-stride, Williamson stopped... jumped and made a sweet catch. He fell on his side/back just in bounds. The play was challenged and was ruled a completion in bounds.

The Vikings starting defense did well against the Chargers 2nd team offense, not allowing a score. The Bolts starting offense played one series (minus their two main weapons in Tomilson and Gates) and moved the ball easily for a TD. Looked like the Vikes had a few miscues in that series.

Overall the Vikes pass rush looked better.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

O.K.....Williamson's catch was awesome tonight!!!! Smoot was smppth....and Peppy completed over 75% of his passes, once again! Mewelde Moore kixed some arse too....Go Vikes....for you'z who couldn't see the game, you really missed a good'un!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"hovan" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "hovan" wrote:
    What was the Williamson catch like? And does the Charger's D look good or just the Vikings stalling for these fieldgoals?
    Williamsons catch was a thing of beauty, wish everyone could see it, i heard that tice wanted to attempt a lot of field goals so its not our offense stalling its just so tice can decide on who to choose as kicker.
    Fly pattern, had to leap, hit him on the run? Please details.

Also, Taylor looks like he has some stats, what were his catches like?
    EVERYONE CAN SEE IT!!! IT IS ON THE SPORTSCENTER HIGHLIGHTS! If you haven't seen it yet, turn on ESPN....by the way Pats beat the Packqueerz 27 to 3

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

vikings6490 is offline Starter

Just in cased anyone missed the game and wants to see it, it is going to be replayed on NFL Network monday at noon.
    Thanks MF

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456