Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Redrouster's Avatar
    Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    329

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "ChiTownVike" wrote:
    If they fixed they jersey problem where the numbers were peeling off? I was thinking about buying one and I would like some feedback.

    Thanks

    ChiTownVike
    Wow, I bought my Chad Greenway yesterday from the PPO store. I hope it will be ok.

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    That is the best way to care for your jerseys. that is how I wash and dry all of my jerseys.

    I did hear quite a bit about the numbers when the jerseys first came out, but I believe it was somewhat restricted to a small number of lot numbers. I also heard more problems with the XL or XXL sizes than any others, and with the custom names. The Vikings Store put them on backorder for a little while, but they are in stock now. I can only imagine that any problems have been fixed by now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    I have just checked with my local domestic engineer - thats a wife to the unsure amongst you.
    She confirms that she washes our jerseys in the washing machine at 40C without turning them inside out. They are then removed and hung in the airing cupboard to dry.

    So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  4. #14
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    I have just checked with my local domestic engineer - thats a wife to the unsure amongst you.
    She confirms that she washes our jerseys in the washing machine at 40C without turning them inside out. They are then removed and hung in the airing cupboard to dry.

    So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns :lol:
    40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! :wink: Crazy British...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #15
    DEVIKINGFAN!'s Avatar
    DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    366

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    WOW it’s amazing how a jersey will bring out the domesticated side in all of you.

    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

  6. #16
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    hahaha, thanks DE took the words right out of my mouth


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  7. #17
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ChiTownVike" wrote:
    If they fixed they jersey problem where the numbers were peeling off? I was thinking about buying one and I would like some feedback.

    Thanks

    ChiTownVike
    I haven't had any problems with my jersey and I bought it the second day it went on sale. It appears to me that any "problems" are self-inflicted based on care.

    =Z=
    That's because you haven't washed it yet! :roll:
    I've washed it.

    I haven't dried it in a dryer, however.

    =Z=
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    You heard it from me.

    Yes it's true. But make sure you either wash it by hand in a sink or on the most delicate cycle of the washing mashine.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    I have just checked with my local domestic engineer - thats a wife to the unsure amongst you.
    She confirms that she washes our jerseys in the washing machine at 40C without turning them inside out. They are then removed and hung in the airing cupboard to dry.

    So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns :lol:
    40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! :wink: Crazy British...
    I wouldn't subject them to hot water, that's what fades them. Turning them inside out futher protects the numbers & logos.

    The most important thing you mention that I have stressed many times.

    Air dry only! Do not put them in the dryer!

    If your hell bound & determined to put them in the dryer. Tumble them with no heat!

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    I have just checked with my local domestic engineer - thats a wife to the unsure amongst you.
    She confirms that she washes our jerseys in the washing machine at 40C without turning them inside out. They are then removed and hung in the airing cupboard to dry.

    So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns lol
    40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! wink Crazy British...
    I wouldn't subject them to hot water, that's what fades them. Turning them inside out futher protects the numbers & logos.

    The most important thing you mention that I have stressed many times.

    Air dry only! Do not put them in the dryer!

    If your hell bound & determined to put them in the dryer. Tumble them with no heat!
    Use heat and everything falls off right I way. I learned my lesson the hard way.

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Do you guys and girls know?

    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    I have just checked with my local domestic engineer - thats a wife to the unsure amongst you.
    She confirms that she washes our jerseys in the washing machine at 40C without turning them inside out. They are then removed and hung in the airing cupboard to dry.

    So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns lol
    40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! wink Crazy British...
    I wouldn't subject them to hot water, that's what fades them. Turning them inside out futher protects the numbers & logos.

    The most important thing you mention that I have stressed many times.

    Air dry only! Do not put them in the dryer!

    If your hell bound & determined to put them in the dryer. Tumble them with no heat!
    Use heat and everything falls off right away. I learned my lesson the hard way.
    That is precisely why I never use a blow dryer to dry my private parts.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2 Girls, 1 Cup
    By Garland Greene in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 08:56 PM
  2. Girls, man...
    By marcosMN in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 10:39 AM
  3. Cap Guys vs. Football Guys
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 04:03 PM
  4. why are you girls so bad
    By VikemanX84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 11:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •