Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Redrouster is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Do you guys and girls know?

"ChiTownVike" wrote:
    If they fixed they jersey problem where the numbers were peeling off? I was thinking about buying one and I would like some feedback.

Thanks

ChiTownVike
    Wow, I bought my Chad Greenway yesterday from the PPO store. I hope it will be ok.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    That is the best way to care for your jerseys. that is how I wash and dry all of my jerseys.

I did hear quite a bit about the numbers when the jerseys first came out, but I believe it was somewhat restricted to a small number of lot numbers. I also heard more problems with the XL or XXL sizes than any others, and with the custom names. The Vikings Store put them on backorder for a little while, but they are in stock now. I can only imagine that any problems have been fixed by now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I've heard if you turn it inside out before washing, wash in cold water, and air dry that there won't be any problems. Thats what I plan on doing with my new jersey anyways.
    I have just checked with my local domestic engineer - thats a wife to the unsure amongst you.
    She confirms that she washes our jerseys in the washing machine at 40C without turning them inside out. They are then removed and hung in the airing cupboard to dry.

So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns :lol:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I have just checked with my local domestic engineer - thats a wife to the unsure amongst you.
    She confirms that she washes our jerseys in the washing machine at 40C without turning them inside out. They are then removed and hung in the airing cupboard to dry.

So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns :lol:
    40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! :wink: Crazy British...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

WOW it’s amazing how a jersey will bring out the domesticated side in all of you.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

hahaha, thanks DE took the words right out of my mouth

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "ChiTownVike" wrote:
    If they fixed they jersey problem where the numbers were peeling off? I was thinking about buying one and I would like some feedback.

Thanks

ChiTownVike
    I haven't had any problems with my jersey and I bought it the second day it went on sale. It appears to me that any "problems" are self-inflicted based on care.

=Z=
    That's because you haven't washed it yet! :roll:
    I've washed it.

I haven't dried it in a dryer, however.

=Z=
    You heard it from me.

Yes it's true. But make sure you either wash it by hand in a sink or on the most delicate cycle of the washing mashine.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! :wink: Crazy British...
    I wouldn't subject them to hot water, that's what fades them. Turning them inside out futher protects the numbers & logos.

The most important thing you mention that I have stressed many times.

Air dry only! Do not put them in the dryer!

If your hell bound & determined to put them in the dryer. Tumble them with no heat!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns lol
    40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! wink Crazy British...
    I wouldn't subject them to hot water, that's what fades them. Turning them inside out futher protects the numbers & logos.

If your hell bound & determined to put them in the dryer. Tumble them with no heat!
    Use heat and everything falls off right I way. I learned my lesson the hard way.

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

So far they have lasted ok without any problems - just to reassure those who have this high on your list of concerns lol
    40C? Oooooh, you mean 104 degrees F! wink Crazy British...

Use heat and everything falls off right away. I learned my lesson the hard way.
    That is precisely why I never use a blow dryer to dry my private parts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast