Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Do You Believe The Minn Vikings Will Ever Win a SB

I don't think this season is a wash quite yet, with an injured Favre or TJack at QB... we still stand a shot.

Like Marrdro said, it's not crazy to think we could win the division at 9-7... if we get hot at the right time, I think we can ride that momentum right into the playoffs (see 2008 Cardinals).

Personally, I think the streak begins if we win this weekend.
    None

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I was going to say, not in my lifetime, but I don't want a bunch of Vikings fans wishing for my premature demise.

I'm in my 50th year of frustration.
    But to be honest, the Vikings have given me a lot of excitement and joy even without a superbowl victory.

About every decade or so this team is good enough to potentially win a superbowl.
    So far the team is characterized by their ability to fall short.
    Should they slink off to LA after next season, they will leave that as there legacy;losers.

Should they stay in Minnesota, they are bound to eventually win one, providing they don't eliminate revenue sharing.

Without revenue sharing they may wither on the vine and become Buffalo, Detroit, or Cleveland, or something worse; perrenial step children of the NFL.

So like most, I have renewed hope every season, but no expectation of a championship.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

keystonevike is offline Starter

How the season goes sort of strengthens or weakens my belief. For example, last year and 1998 (especially) my belief and expectations were really strong. This season would be a good example of where my belief turns to hope.
    Overall, I would have to say I hope they do.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I go into every season "believing" that it is our year, only to be broken hearted when its not. Some day they will pay me back for my dedication and heart break, and when they do, all the bad losses in the NFCCG will be forgotten and I'll be the fan that says... we won the superbowl in XXXX and live with the memory of it forever.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Of course I do.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    I go into every season "believing" that it is our year, only to be broken hearted when its not. Some day they will pay me back for my dedication and heart break, and when they do, all the bad losses in the NFCCG will be forgotten and I'll be the fan that says... we won the superbowl in XXXX and live with the memory of it forever.
    Yeah, the year 10101010 sounds about right.
    None

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Brick wrote:
    triedandtruevikesfan wrote:
    Yeah, the year 10101010 sounds about right.
    HAHAHA... smart ass.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

the first game against the Taints was the Vikings superbowl, and it sure felt like last weeks game against the Pukers was our second Superbowl
    None

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    Ever is a very very long time.

I still believe. If the Saints can do it, if the Buccaneers can do it, if the Broncos can finally do it...

Hell yes, we can too.
    Ever might not be quite so long for the Minnesota Vikings if the stadium issue doesn't get sorted out.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Some interesting replies my friends.......

I still think we have a shot this year. Rationale, ...

a. I think 9-7 could still wind up winning the Div.
    b. I think 9-7 could still even get us in a Wildcard.
    c. As weak as the NFC is this year, all you have to do is get into the playoffs and you have a damn fine shot at making it to the big dance.
    d. Historically, teams like to play well at the onset of the season but really want thier team to peak towards the end of the season so you are clicking in the playoffs.

Seriously, when you stop and think about it, a bit better play at RDE (DL) and our already highly ranked defense will be at the level they need to be for the playoffs.

OL seemed to take a huge step last week with the return of Sully.

WR's are starting to click and El Syd is just a few weeks away.

AD is awesome as usual and Toby showed some flash last week.

Fix the QB play with TJ winning a couple while the Noodle heals (Body and soul).

Starts this weekend with the Pats. B)
    I agree with most of that Marr, the start of our schedule this has been really hard but despite that we have been in contention right to the end in all the losses. Yes the NFC looks weak and if we can get a run together we should still make the play-offs one way or another.

What does worry me is if we lose to the Pats we have to probably win at least 7 of the last 9 games to get in. Secondly Favres record at the Vikes is 11-1 in the dome and 4-8 on the road, correct me if I'm wrong, this is off the top of my head . if we do make it to the postseason, chances are we have to win 2 or possibly 3 road games to get to the big show, that's a very big ask IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast